Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Powering the Red Weapon - Dsmc2 Top Handle with V-Mount ?

Thanks a lot for the input will make those arri standard mounting points on two sides for sure.

I think it will work fine as a handle without rosettes on the botom or sides will make itso it has ronded corners etc.
 
Ok as the original handle has a bit of problems with the Vlock adapter. and not much mounting points and the space front of handle is for monitor This Lump of metal will basically replace the rubber part of the start stop handle. Can be mounted and replaced without tools ad you cog back to rubber when you feel like it. We will also make a little replacement for the metal tube in the rubber handle just to make it shorter as a third option.

Do you have these modified DSMC2 Top Handle replacement grips available still? We just encountered the issue, realizing our new DSMC2 handle won't work with any of our IDX v-mount packs.

Does anyone know if the Universal Handle will work with the v-lock IDX backplate? It's shorter than the rubber grip handle, but I really would like the additional start/stop button.
 
I think I have some but after using it a bit I can't say I recommend it. Its not the best to hold on to, especially when cluttering it with additional l gear. So instead I would recommend to simply take your DMC2 handle appart, saw of the metal pipe inside the handle and re seat the end nob by filling it and the tube with some two component epoxi compound like liquid metal or such. I did that with mine and I find the slightly shorter handle to be perfect especially with a battery on the back. Feels like holding a handle of a shovel.


14390902_10154115856163043_2020276135029803758_n by Björn Benckert, on Flickr
 
Back
Top