Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

OLPF Heads up

Matthew J

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 3, 2011
Messages
744
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Southeast US
So the other day I stuck the STH OLPF in my Weapon MG for the first time and headed out for a shoot. Got on set and discovered that my camera wasn't recognizing the OLPF-which wouldn't have been a problem except now you can't manually select the OLPF you have installed (which needs to be fixed for a future firmware update in case the OLPF board in the camera goes bad.) So when I looked at my OLPF's, two were one design and one was another. As designed, there is a small screw that is put into one of five screw holes that then presses against a toggle switch inside the camera to let the camera know which OLPF is installed. In my case, the wrong screw (shorter) was put into the design that needed a longer screw head in it.

Within a few hours of submitting a support ticket RED said they'd get me a new OLPF, so everything is good. However, I want to make sure everyone has a heads up just in case this happened more than once when they were building the OLPF's.

In the picture from L to R: STH (with the wrong screw), Standard (with the correct screw for the design), LLO (with the correct screw.)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160421_125328521.jpg
    IMG_20160421_125328521.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for sharing, hope you're the only one experiencing this but just in case you're not now everyone knows what to look out for.
Also I hope RED will give an option to select the OLPFs manually in the menu. Especially since I'm lookin forward to using some of
Kipperties costum OLPFs which might need manual selection?!
 
Thanks for sharing, hope you're the only one experiencing this but just in case you're not now everyone knows what to look out for.
Also I hope RED will give an option to select the OLPFs manually in the menu. Especially since I'm lookin forward to using some of
Kipperties costum OLPFs which might need manual selection?!

latest (still in beta) camera firmware have custom name field and type for 3rd party OLPFs.
(and soon foolcontrol should also let you fill those easily by choosing from a list of existing Kippertie's filters)
 
Back
Top