Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

NAB13- Scarlet Upgrade Program

No one is forcing you to make a decision ASAP. When you feel you have the info you need to make it, then make it.

Again, a cross-departmental meeting will be held early next week for use to see the lay of the land in regards to pre-orders and then we can make a call when we will be ready to start accepting SCARLET M-X in for EPIC-X M-X trade ins.

There is a reason other companies don't do these things. One, they rather you buy a new camera then upgrade/trade-in. Two, programs like this are a huge time and resource commitment from the manufacturer. I hope you appreciate the thought and time that goes into these special programs for our customers. Asking us to rush a decision and telling us how frustrated you are makes it seem like you don't.

If RED didn't want people making a decision ASAP then they wouldn't have opened pre-orders before knowing what they were selling. There is always a long wait for RED pre-orders, sure you guys know this. You might not be forcing us but history tells me that as soon as a pre-order opens the clock starts ticking. Waiting a week can translate into months of delays. I ordered my Scarlet 10 minutes after the site was up and had to wait a month. If you guys waited until next week to open pre-orders I wouldn't be frustrated so that we can all make calm informed decisions. You opened the pre-orders too early IMO. I'm afraid that waiting until early next week means I'll be getting an Epic in like December instead of April. Also generally when you agree to something with someone you know what you're agreeing to. If I pick the Epic-MX there is nothing in the terms that suggest I'll get a camera in a week, month or even several years. Just a broad promise that I'm ordering an Epic... at some point in the future some-day. Help me give you money! :D
 
Gavin what your referring too are the early Scarlet Days ( I was there also).

Not so sure this still exist with the new production line processes things are happening faster.
 
Is there anyone on The Planet Earth who has seen moving frames of Dragon footage yet? Anyone who could somehow characterize the aesthetic of the color, the "smoothness", if you get where I am coming from. I like my puffed rice cereal crispy, not my footage. ;-)

:lol: I am leaning to Epic X upgrade now that is certain that Scarlet D won't touch 6K. The only thing holding me back is not having a clue of the IQ produce by Dragon's greater DR and ISO range
 
Haha, give us a few days to exhale and regroup to make sure we are on the same page within RED as far as timing. Remember, the big resource drain on a trade-in program is getting in the SCARLET, evaluating, communication with customer, etc. So even though we are shipping EPIC-X M-X right now, it is the front end of the process we have to sync up on timing.

Brent, I was told by reliable source that your DAY is divided by 23hr workday and 1 hour nap.....So our expectations for quick deliveries is pretty high as you can understand.. :beer:
 
If RED didn't want people making a decision ASAP then they wouldn't have opened pre-orders before knowing what they were selling. There is always a long wait for RED pre-orders, sure you guys know this. You might not be forcing us but history tells me that as soon as a pre-order opens the clock starts ticking. Waiting a week can translate into months of delays. I ordered my Scarlet 10 minutes after the site was up and had to wait a month. If you guys waited until next week to open pre-orders I wouldn't be frustrated so that we can all make calm informed decisions. You opened the pre-orders too early IMO. I'm afraid that waiting until early next week means I'll be getting an Epic in like December instead of April. Also generally when you agree to something with someone you know what you're agreeing to. If I pick the Epic-MX there is nothing in the terms that suggest I'll get a camera in a week, month or even several years. Just a broad promise that I'm ordering an Epic... at some point in the future some-day. Help me give you money! :D

Well, to be fair, we knew exactly what we are selling. It is matter of timing when each of these programs kick off. We are kind of damned if we do, damned if we don't. In the past, we "guesstimated" timing and got burned with missed dates. Now, we are having the proper discussions before we circle a date.

And, to be fair, people in the past signed up for RED ONE when is was a few sketches, a proto non-working model, and a spec sheet. No firm ETA. Same with initial EPIC Stage 2 people...

Plus, pre-orders give us a read on what numbers we are looking out to plan accordingly - supply chain, timing, etc.

I hear your point that you would prefer every piece of date up front. Sometimes, we need more info up front to project what would be every conceivable data point that be used to make a decision.
 
Ok... well I just went ahead and ordered the MX. Hopefully it'll come long before July so that I can get a pre-order in on the Dragon too. A pitch for your Monday meeting would be to allow pre-orders for the Dragon before you've received your epic shipment. Also a strong vote for shipping Epics soon. The sooner we get our Epics the sooner we'll be able to make some extra rentals off of them and the sooner we can afford an Epic upgrade. So the sooner you get them the more likely people (well at least I) will be upgrading to Dragon. ;)
 
red team please answer me one question... when you can


whats the max fps for scarlet dragon at 1k ws (tentatively as in I know things change)....thanks!
 
red team please answer me one question... when you can


whats the max fps for scarlet dragon at 1k ws (tentatively as in I know things change)....thanks!

Hmmm "please be at 1000 fps, pretty please...." ;)
 
Gavin did you trade your Scarlet for that?
Yeah... well maybe--I intend to but it's kind of up to RED and what they decide to do. ;) If Epic doesn't ship for 6 months I might just try and sell it and buy a new Epic-D when it ships. Although now I guess no potential buyers could execute it for a Scarlet-D. :(
 
thanks
i quite hoped for at least 4:1 , i have proven test where 3:1 or 4:1 showed an absolutely better image ( much much better organic structure and less plastic looking )

g


Forget everything you know about the compression ratio from MX sensor. Dragon will have very different results.
 
Back
Top