Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

NAB13- Scarlet Upgrade Program

so like i said before upgrading Scarlet to Epic Dragon is stupid move.Selling it and buying new Epic Dragon less than upgrade price
i guess somebody at RED did wrong math

What's your math?

You would have to sell Scarlet for $6,000. Is that realistic?
 
+1!!

One relevant question I missed on this thread is regarding the 'expiry date' of this upgrade program. How long will this program last?

So far the offer is "open ended" and Jarred replied that even taking this option in 2014 is "likely" OK...
 
Awesome. Question say I bought a scarlet in the next few months due to budgetary reasons. Would we be able to upgrade to the Scarlet Dragon 1 year from purchase date?
 
The real question to ask is regarding framerates for the Scarlet Dragon..

IF it can do 120FPS @ 4k and 240FPS @ 1K WS I am in... Otherwise it makes sense for me to just upgrade to Epic.

#automotivework #burnouts :D

So Jarred and crew, DOES IT?!?!?!
 
Thank you RED Team. From my perspective that sounds just great. I'm happy to be part of it. :o) Amazing times we live in.
 
This company (RED) is so F%$#$^ awesome!! These options are so enticing it will be hard to choose which way!

THX! RED
 
If you do the Scarlet Dragon upgrade, can you later jump to Epic Dragon?

I'm thinking of doing Epic Dragon on one body and Scarlet Dragon on the other.
 
Forget the ND Issue.......

It just occurred to me you WILL need the "Motion Mount" because Dragon needs the global shutter built into the mount .

So with options 2 & 3 you need to pay $4500 more.
 
Last edited:
Isnt dragon's native ISO 2000 ?

that doesn't mean anything in terms of what you're able to shoot at. you can still shoot iso 800 or lower. native iso 2000 just means at 2000 the signal to noise ratio is still good/ideal which means at lower ISO it's even better. just like technically shooting 320 on Red MX right now is less noise than 800 but you aren't protecting the highlights as much
 
I assume most Scarlet users probably don't have economy for going for the double upgrade.
It seems to me that the two major questions we could use answered tomorrow at the latest is:


1] If you take option 2, does that lock you out of going full dragon down the line?

2] Will Scarlet-Dragon do 6K at 25fps?

I believe we all see the argument why SC-D might not do 6K, but for me, this is the key to my decision, because I want that wide angle-of-view. No, I need it.


So please, please me... ;)
 
Forget the ND Issue.......
It just occurred to me you WILL need the "Motion Mount" because Dragon needs the global shutter built into the mount .

So with options 2 & 3 you need to pay $4500 more.


Where does it say you need the mount? I don't think you have it quite right...

And also, I very highly doubt we are going to see 120fps 4K. That seams like... way too much. I'm thinking like 75fps @ 4k is much more reasonable.
 
Back
Top