Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Letus Gimbal

It's pretty much ready to ship. It will be an option over the aluminum one. Around $500 more. It's actually costs them more than $500 to produce. You're saving around a pound in weight. Maybe a bit more.

Group buy? :thumbup1:

But they need to have a solid v-mount w/ no-juice-box-needed option. I'm not investing in another power setup.
 
Anyone flying a small DSLR + Odyssey?
Trying to configure my a7s and finding it quite challenging finding the best mounting point for the monitor.

You might find the odyssey a challenge to mount on the helix except on the base stage. On the first stage with camera a monitor like the new small hd 502 would be ideal. I've been running the small hd dp4 on gh4 setups with great success. Everything is powered via a Ptap breakout box and on board juice boxes. I tried tethering to an AB plate for power but didn't love how cumbersome it became. The juice's do an hour with a gh4, monitor, follow focus receiver/motor, and wireless transmitter. With the Epic and the same accessories it's about 20-25 min.

The full sized Helix is just about perfect for the epic. Dropping into suitcase mode there's usually less than a half inch clearance to the handles and the accessories. Not sure I'd want to go any smaller.

BTW the Helix absolutely rocks. Once the PID is set right, it's pretty amazing.
 
The Mg Full-size Helix is 1.5 lbs. Lighter than the Aluminum Full-size Helix, weighing in around 5 lbs. The motors on the Helix Jr. is about the same torque with the original Helix. The New Full-size Helix (both Al and Mg) use new motors that is about 25% stronger than the original ones. So, don't worry about stressing the Jr. motors out. Like I said, you can balance it, it can handle it.
 
Stopped by Letus at NAB, noticed they had what I'll call a "Senior" version of the Helix. It's a bigger rig with a massive motor in the rear, pretty much looked like it could support a bazooka.

@Hal Long, thanks for the advice. I ended up attaching the O7Q to the 1/4" 20 on the left handle. Could never get PID settings to balance the recorder on the rig in combination with the light weight a7s.
 
Stopped by Letus at NAB, noticed they had what I'll call a "Senior" version of the Helix. It's a bigger rig with a massive motor in the rear, pretty much looked like it could support a bazooka.

@Hal Long, thanks for the advice. I ended up attaching the O7Q to the 1/4" 20 on the left handle. Could never get PID settings to balance the recorder on the rig in combination with the light weight a7s.
Would that be the one in my pic?
 
Is the magnesium version going to be the same price? I was possibly looking at ordering a Helix this week...

Also, the giant version is called the Double Helix and has a ring that locks around the lens and supports the front end of the camera as well (so it's not all cantilevered off the back motor). But it will cost somewhere around $15-20k if I remember correctly. But it was supporting an Alexa at the show!
 
Haha, no need the gym. Never intended for handheld without assistance at all. Exoskeleton or Easy Rig or steadiCam is a must.
 
Back
Top