Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

January 2016 update

I assume there is still NO answer available do to the 8k program difficulty on what would be the possibility of actually Upgrading the MG body to 8k, with the understanding that it will likely end up costing the same as the difference to the CF body to match it on the internal components to support the 8k plus the 8k sensor kit cost of the CF body upgraded to 8k itself, meaning that there would be NO savings from going to the 8k from a MG vs. a CF body...

But still would love to have a final answer as if this is possible or not... This might not only serve good for my decision but also for that of the other fellow RU's on the MG train wagon... :)

Thanks Jarred... ;)
 
If you have one already, RED will modify them at no cost. It's a simple shave and a haircut job. Talk to your Bomb Squad Rep or just submit an RMA.

As for something new? I dunno.

Which one is this?
 
I assume there is still NO answer available do to the 8k program difficulty on what would be the possibility of actually Upgrading the MG body to 8k, with the understanding that it will likely end up costing the same as the difference to the CF body to match it on the internal components to support the 8k plus the 8k sensor kit cost of the CF body upgraded to 8k itself, meaning that there would be NO savings from going to the 8k from a MG vs. a CF body...

But still would love to have a final answer as if this is possible or not... This might not only serve good for my decision but also for that of the other fellow RU's on the MG train wagon... :)

Thanks Jarred... ;)

if anything it could cost more even since they warned the 8k price was rising after NAB
 
I assume there is still NO answer available do to the 8k program difficulty on what would be the possibility of actually Upgrading the MG body to 8k, with the understanding that it will likely end up costing the same as the difference to the CF body to match it on the internal components to support the 8k plus the 8k sensor kit cost of the CF body upgraded to 8k itself, meaning that there would be NO savings from going to the 8k from a MG vs. a CF body...

But still would love to have a final answer as if this is possible or not... This might not only serve good for my decision but also for that of the other fellow RU's on the MG train wagon... :)

Thanks Jarred... ;)

for sure no savings.. and you are doubling the labour so it would actually cost more than just going too CF to begin with..... but of course it is possible.
 
So I guess the benefit would only be if you don't like the look of CF and are willing to pay a premium to put a CF weapon on the Mg body. Which is stupid because the CF is beautiful.
 
for sure no savings.. and you are doubling the labour so it would actually cost more than just going too CF to begin with..... but of course it is possible.

Thanks for answering Jarred!

Yeah, no doubt was understood the cost wouldn't save anything, and of course also understood the extra labour cost, since they have to replace more internal components... But the fact that is possible is all I need to know... :)



So I guess the benefit would only be if you don't like the look of CF and are willing not pay a premium of to put a CF weapon on the Mg body. Which is stupid because the CF is beautiful.

Well, that is if you like CF look on Weapon... I do, but I like the MG all black look integration with the rest of the Modules and accessories better... I won't call it Stupid... Just different taste... :)

I guess, I could also get the CF and then JUST swap out the external CF parts with some one with someone with a MG body... ;)

Additionally is also worth consideration for those that might not be allowed financially to go strait to CF, but that going MG first, might allow them to make enough money to do the jump to 8K later on... So the fact that it is possible is just great in it self...
 
No direct upgrade path from Epic Dragon to Weapon 8k.

Got it, thanks Jarred.

Still plan on going Weapon route, once 8K starts shipping more in quantity and the bigger productions get theirs, I'll definately pull the trigger on the Weapon then the 8K Upgrade.
 
It has already been a very Happy New Year :)
...
Scarlet W is 100% ready and standing by... As we promised to our MG customers, Scarlet-W will only begin to ship right after all MG upgrade customers are blasted which means you early Scarlet-W reservations should start getting your cameras in your hands one month from today.
...

Thanks for the heads up ... :-))
 
In regards to the new dsmc 2 side handles for raven/scarlet-w/weapon cameras, when will we be seeing these surface? any clarification on dates?
 
I'm trying to figure out the time when MG upgrades for the ones like myself who got onto the upgrade during the "keep accessories credit and the reduced price-week" will happen? Will we be sending in our Epic Dragons at the end of Januari or later perhaps?
 
I'm trying to figure out the time when MG upgrades for the ones like myself who got onto the upgrade during the "keep accessories credit and the reduced price-week" will happen? Will we be sending in our Epic Dragons at the end of Januari or later perhaps?

I think he said back in Dec that MG upgrades won't start sending in until Feb. However, considering you waited so long to upgrade, I would imagine you are towards the end of the upgrade line, so it may be towards the end of Feb. Who knows how long the MG upgrade line is.
 
I'm sure its a huge line. A line I was in but jumped off of, but I think a Mg Weapon might be in my future when the line dies down a bit.
 
Back
Top