Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Image issue!

Ben Thurlow

Active member
Joined
Sep 28, 2015
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Location
Market Deeping
I've been out filming and come back to find the pixels in the right side of the image are darker more than any other theres a faint line separating it from the others has any had this problem before and if so whats the solution!!!!
 
you might be able to grade it away in post if you can, i would try a blackshade and/or update the firmware, but otherwise contact and plan to get it to red if the problem persists...
 
Please post an R3D as well so we can all take a look at it.
 
But I think I can see what he is seeing.

You have better eyes than me...I dont see anything here.

Ben, are you sure the issue isn't your monitor?
How are you viewing the R3D?
Can you post a better sample that exaggerates the issue? Maybe different lighting conditions.
 
I beginning to think it might be my monitor I turned it on and half the screen went bright white
 
Can you see this in moving footage?

If I take your last image into Photoshop and crush it...I begin to see something. Its almost as if the pixels on the right side are shifted. Check your OLPF.
 

Attachments

  • 25268145487_1bfc2071c7_o_Crushed.jpg
    25268145487_1bfc2071c7_o_Crushed.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 0
here is a better image. Inspect your OLPF...if you dont see anything obvious, Id suggest setting up a ticket with RED.
 

Attachments

  • Difference.jpg
    Difference.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 0
do you have a matte box or anything shading the lens?

how is the scene lit?

Maybe the first step would be to shoot tests under controlled conditions with nothing shading the lens. Also try shooting a solid color wall evenly lit.
 
Back
Top