Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

How to fix a problem with R1 Sensor Glass?

Any updates - sensor damage or OLPF issues?
 
Mike just posted in another thread that the seller had another R1MX that was in perfect condition running Build31 and he met with him in person and exchanged the bodies for an additional $600, so he followed the advice everybody provided here regarding to discard a broken body and get a working one, really there is no reason to buy a broken camera since you can get a working one for so little money.
 
Yes, i was able to meet with the seller and exchange the R1 for a R1MX Body that was in perfect working condition for an extra $600. I thought it was Build 31, but it is actually 32.0.3 so i'm all set.

Thanks again guys for your help on this!
 
Yes, i was able to meet with the seller and exchange the R1 for a R1MX Body that was in perfect working condition for an extra $600. I thought it was Build 31, but it is actually 32.0.3 so i'm all set.

Thanks again guys for your help on this!

Heh... tempted to ask who the seller was so I could try to buy that cam as a sound recorder... loved those mini-XLRs. Plus, simply seeing that beastly beauty on set (while shooting Dragon) would just provide a sense of well-being knowing the One was with me. '-)

Of all the cameras I've owned the first one that always comes to mind when thinking back is the R-1
 
Yes, i was able to meet with the seller and exchange the R1 for a R1MX Body that was in perfect working condition for an extra $600. I thought it was Build 31, but it is actually 32.0.3 so i'm all set.

Thanks again guys for your help on this!

Nice, Thats a really good deal. Is the "broken" one still for sale? I might want to buy it if price is right, as I think it could be easily fixed.
 
Heh... tempted to ask who the seller was so I could try to buy that cam as a sound recorder... loved those mini-XLRs. Plus, simply seeing that beastly beauty on set (while shooting Dragon) would just provide a sense of well-being knowing the One was with me. '-)

Of all the cameras I've owned the first one that always comes to mind when thinking back is the R-1
Now that's a funny visual. Sound guy carrying around a RED one would be hilarious. :-)

But truth be told, the Red One actually has decent built in audio. 4 Channels, Mini XLR, sound out, phantom power. Not quite pro audio recorder quality, but certainly serviceable. I always prefer to have outboard recorder but when in need I can run a mixer in line or go direct to camera. I have not been a big fan of the audio I/O on Epic/Scarlet.

Another funny thing is, the way I build out my R1 is usually smaller and lighter than most Epic rigs I see on set. But that's only because of the needs of a feature film. I have the luxury of keeping mine lean due to the type of projects I would use it on.
 
Looks like it's been re-listed.

Knowing what you paid him, he'd probably accept a reasonable offer for the camera. On some levels it's really tempting, but then again, not sure if I'd really want to mess with it. Glad you got a nice one for $3K though, Mike. That's a great deal.
 
Back
Top