Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

EPIC STAGE Clarification and update

Ivan G;Would we be able to swap out base modules and $$$ difference for pro units? As well as the LCD's? [/QUOTE said:
Absolutely.

How about the RedMote Pro with follow focus? It was announced way back and never heard of it anymore. For people with Canon lenses this is a must. Jarred could you tell us if Red is still working on that one or it was discontinued. Also if we could swap it for the PRO and pay the difference.

Thank you.
 
Translation: "We are waiting to confirm the death of the bug so we can make all you guys and girls happy. Bug death confirmation requires much testing which we are doing now."

*at least this is what I think he's saying...

I agree wholeheartedly with this assessment. They're looking at the legs of the bug, making sure not a single one twitches back to life. Mega-testing to make certain they don't.

And when they're sure...mind-blowing announcements will be forthcoming.

And that's what Jarred's "Heh heh heh" means to me.
 
How about the RedMote Pro with follow focus? It was announced way back and never heard of it anymore. For people with Canon lenses this is a must.

Thank you.

I reckon I'd be better off with a separate remote focus knob, rather than a Redmote Pro.
I'd rather leave the Redmote on the back of the camera as much as possible, as a remote that moves around is one that will be damaged, or lost.
In the case of a Redmote Pro, that's quite a loss, in functionality and finance.

A separate, smaller focus wheel would be easier to position on the rails, for an operator/pulling situation. Camera assistant would have better access to the Redmote in this instance, also.
 
I don't have the money for Epic-X stage 2 anyway, so october sounds good ;-)
 
heh heh heh...

and the crowd goes wild. I think this means... something is coming, sometime... sooner, or later...? I think sooner.
 
Jarred: "October for an update? Pessimistic Redusers are in for a surprise. Heh heh heh."

I think a lot of us are dreamers- as we sure are reading a lot into one "word". But here is to dreaming! :beer::thumbsup::beer:
 
While it feels good to be optimistic, pessimists are disappointed less often.

But the realist in me says "we just don't know".

I'm trying to not get excited, because I'll probably be disappointed instead.

So I try to not think about it. Which is a crazy challenge as I try to plan a business and EPIC delivery is the wildcard.
 
Waiting

Waiting

I have decided to be zen about it all and just sent my RED One in for the MX upgrade. I feel that it is better that RED get Epic right instead of rushing it out.
 
I have decided to be zen about it all and just sent my RED One in for the MX upgrade. I feel that it is better that RED get Epic right instead of rushing it out.

Peter, You won't regret getting the MX upgrade, it is worth every penny. I totally agree that we don't want RED rushing Epic/Scarlet out, it's worth them taking their time to make sure things are right.
 
Is there any chance that Stage 3.5 camera owners could be given a financial incentive to keep their Red One cameras?

Something similar to Stage 2, but without the free modules.

STAGE 2:

Cost is $28,000 less $8500 to keep your RED ONE. Net price of $19,500 and comes with: 1x S35 MYSTERIUM-X brain with PL mount ... plus all the goodies.

It could be ...

STAGE 3.5.2:

Cost is $28,000 less $8500 to keep your RED ONE. Net price of $19,500 and comes with: 1x S35 MYSTERIUM brain with PL mount.

The M-X discount (below) would be great too, but less important than the above.

RED ONE M-X Upgrade price of $4500 (normally $5750).

I ask, because it would allow many of us to entertain the M-X upgrade without the fear of having to send our R1 cameras in so soon after the sensor upgrade.

Without this possible option, I am almost certain that many of us cannot justify the M-X upgrade. :undecided:

That would be a shame. Especially with all that I see and read about the new sensor.

We rented 0344MX on a television commercial last week, and the footage looked great.
 
Hi Red team,

Back in May I held off on upgrading my Red One #1007 to MX and simply trade in for Stage 3.
Due to the announced delay in Epic I have recently upgraded my Red to MX.
I now realize the $1250 credit for MX reds only applies to Stage1 and 2...and missed that boat.
Please consider some kind of option for re-opening stage 2 (or a similar) and/or offering some concession for MX upgraded Red credit for stage 3.
I'm not expecting miracles but am well aware things are subject to change:)
Thanks for listening!

Brian Broz
 
When I see used Red One's advertised, they mention "unexecuted", does that mean they are still eligible for an Epic stage?
 
When I see used Red One's advertised, they mention "unexecuted", does that mean they are still eligible for an Epic stage?

Yes, until they sell the camera when the option to upgrade becomes void.
 
When I see used Red One's advertised, they mention "unexecuted", does that mean they are still eligible for an Epic stage?

Stage 2 has closed. So if a camera is un-executed, it means it should be able to be traded in for Stage 3. Of course, the owner of record with RED will have to facilitate any of that and then request official ownership records with RED be changed after Epic is delivered.

If a camera changes official ownership with RED now, it loses its upgrade privileges. So be mindful of how you go about purchasing or selling a RED One that may still be eligible for Stage 3, or perhaps has already been executed for Stage 2.
 
I been patiently waiting for stage 3 of the epic release to begin. As a point of clarification, if i upgrade my red one to the mx sensor, is it still eligible for stage 3 trade in?
 
I been patiently waiting for stage 3 of the epic release to begin. As a point of clarification, if i upgrade my red one to the mx sensor, is it still eligible for stage 3 trade in?

Yes it is Jafa, and welcome to the Forum, however the credit received is the same $17,500 for the now MX'd Red One, but I tell you what I have told every one else,
do the MX upgrade if you have a way to recuperate the money spent on the MX, and or if you intend to do any rentals,
as there will be very few DP's and Producers out there willing to shoot with the older M sensor now that the Newer MX sensor BLOWS it out of the Water any day and especially NIGHT pond intended.
 
Do you have to fully purchase your stage 2 Epic or just make the down payment to get the discount on the R1 MX sensor upgrade?
 
Back
Top