Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Duration Displayed While Recording?

Joined
Sep 9, 2013
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Phoenix, AZ
I have searched and can't seem to find the option to put the duration of a clip on screen while I am recording. Is that a possibility? Or is Edge Timecode my only options? I've checked the manual and searched the forums but it may not be an option.

Thanks!
 
If this is scripted, you could have a script supervisor stand there with a stop watch and get that time. Another good idea is to use time-of-day timecode, log the start timecode, then check the end timecode at the end of the take. Or just look at your watch. Lots of alternatives.

Time-of-day timecode is very useful for a lot of this stuff.
 
I agree it should be an option, either in camera, either in Fool Control.
I'm not speaking about scipted project with script supervisor, but sometimes for commercials without continuity, it's useful for AD & Director to roughly know the lenght of the take without having to calculate with time, just a glimpse on the TC and we could be ok.
 
I agree it should be an option, either in camera, either in Fool Control.
I'm not speaking about scipted project with script supervisor, but sometimes for commercials without continuity, it's useful for AD & Director to roughly know the lenght of the take without having to calculate with time, just a glimpse on the TC and we could be ok.

I've added this feature in DXL Control As it was one of the feature of the camera I wanted to mirror in the app.

The only limitation is that it is a local calculated value so it might not be super accurate and if you were not connected while record started The app has no idea of exact clip lenght.

I will try to add this one in foolcontrol too if it's useful for you ... until RED can implement a more accurate value via the protocol...
 
Back
Top