Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Dragon with no OLPF

I try and share what I can on this forum. An informed user base is good for me commercially, plus I just like to share.

I'll post some R3Ds on this subject when I have time, but right this moment I'm prepping to spend a day covering exactly this kind of stuff for some of my trusted paying clients. They value my input, but you're under no obligation to do likewise.

That said, who actually wants to bet against my opinion on this?
 
I have no trouble sharing R3Ds but first I gotta know what I'm talking about. :)

Agreed. This site has become a lot of talk and very little R3D's to back it up. Usually processed jpegs with NR and sharpening are the norm. Let's see the R3D's...
 
What's the bet? :)

I try and share what I can on this forum. An informed user base is good for me commercially, plus I just like to share.

I'll post some R3Ds on this subject when I have time, but right this moment I'm prepping to spend a day covering exactly this kind of stuff for some of my trusted paying clients. They value my input, but you're under no obligation to do likewise.

That said, who actually wants to bet against my opinion on this?
 
Doesn't that guy on here, Les Dittert, shoot without one but for his Scarlet? Perhaps the best Scarlet footage around actually, especially the stuff he shot in India. Can the same be applied to the Dragon?

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?89556-Got-6K-(-link-to-my-LA-vista-shoot-test-)

Sure can, but RED is going to cover the Dragon OLPF kit needs for you guys, you just have to wait a bit more for Red's kit.
I continue to enjoy my Epic with the extra sharpness, which is sharper than a Dragon 6K with OLPF. It does alias sometimes, so be aware that it is like driving without seat belts ;)

I have messaged John in hoping to get a Dragon r3d to look at as well. I think it will be interesting.
 
Oh wow, you switched to an Epic? How is that stuff looking? Shit, I need to go on here more.

Sure can, but RED is going to cover the Dragon OLPF kit needs for you guys, you just have to wait a bit more for Red's kit.
I continue to enjoy my Epic with the extra sharpness, which is sharper than a Dragon 6K with OLPF. It does alias sometimes, so be aware that it is like driving without seat belts ;)

I have messaged John in hoping to get a Dragon r3d to look at as well. I think it will be interesting.
 
Holy crap amazing. You still need to run it with that special process of yours? How long did that movie take to process/render?

Thanks. I was lazy on that edit and processed the r3d's with ordinary RCX . You can see the aliasing on the fence and some water. It looks sharper in 4K when I do special processing.
 
Thanks. I was lazy on that edit and processed the r3d's with ordinary RCX . You can see the aliasing on the fence and some water. It looks sharper in 4K when I do special processing.

That's one of the best uses of a camera I've seen let alone a Red.

Finally someone who uses the camera as it should be used including the subject matter! Finally!

However... I think Dragon is hugely under estimated. When the new OLPF's come it'll change everyone's perception about the Dragon. I'm sure and anxious to see that.

I also wish if Mr. Toia reads this to share some of the r3d's from the very first Dragons he had the chance to shoot. Many of those shots at 2000 iso look fantastic.
 
Back
Top