Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

DJI RONIN Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the last 5% of us Europeans are still completely in the dark. Please update us with more information as soon as possible, thanks!
 
Yes please more info for the EU buyers!, i'm pretty high on the interested list, so would have had orders with AMP if i would have know it would take so long... Last update i was under the impression it was more a matter of days than weeks what it is now...
 
Buyers down under in OZ are lost too!

Put my name on the DJI list very quickly, Selected AMP as the dealer, Haven't heard a peep since.

Is anyone outside the US being serviced with a sale deal or did this group buy magical turn into a US only group buy after the initial list of interested people
 
Good question for Patrick and DJI. There are folks from outside of USA that are higher priority on the interested list who have been "left behind" and it seems that other folks in line behind them - but in the USA - will get their Ronin earlier...
Let's wait for confirmation / explanation from Patrick and DJI before we jump to conclusions...

:sifone: Peter
 
Group Buy ?

Group Buy ?

Somehow this fell apart in the end. I was following this from the very beginning and posted my interest right away. Then in the buy was suddenly closed. I never received an email or any notification about the list. I was led to believe that posting interest was what the Group Buy organizer wanted to create this list, I was patiently waiting to hear specifics about the deal.
 
Look like only confirmations within the US are happening. The ronin is popping up for sale on site everywhere like production gear uk etc... Should I wait for DJI or just go ahead and buy from this retailer? To hell with an extra battery - I need my unit.
 
Sorry about the weak finish to this Group Buy. As a simple RED User there is only so much I can do to try and get the Principal Parties to communicate and perform. This has been a frustrating ride.

From what I know now; I am recommending that we all take a step back and wait for the production unit reviews to come out or, better yet, personally testing a shipping unit before making a final decision on which product best suits your style of work and what company responds to your service and support needs. This is a very complex and new technology - not sure being a bleeding edge early adopter has a good risk / reward ratio. There will be Gimbal 2.0 coming from all the gimbal manf's quickly (some already announced - others about to be) since they are all still adding features and changing their basic designs. Most are working on a Arri weight class unit which might be better suited for a fully loaded RED.

If you need a gimbal for a project next week - hire Movi owner/operator. If you can wait then I believe you will be best served since you will be making your buying decision with way more information. Somehow movies have been getting made for over 100 years without a gimbal - we can wait a month or so for the fog to clear.
 
Yes, but I think now we are talking about to be in list i mean 10% discount and you confirmed you are in list.
I think everybody must received confirmation to be sure.
 
From what I know now; I am recommending that we all take a step back and wait for the production unit reviews to come out or, better yet, personally testing a shipping unit before making a final decision on which product best suits your style of work and what company responds to your service and support needs.

If you need a gimbal for a project next week - hire Movi owner/operator. If you can wait then I believe you will be best served since you will be making your buying decision with way more information.
Great advice! Lots of shake-out yet to come in the gimbal sector before we know who will survive and thrive.

Thanks for all your hard work on this, Zeb…it is much appreciated!
 
Sorry about the weak finish to this Group Buy. As a simple RED User there is only so much I can do to try and get the Principal Parties to communicate and perform. This has been a frustrating ride.

From what I know now; I am recommending that we all take a step back and wait for the production unit reviews to come out or, better yet, personally testing a shipping unit before making a final decision on which product best suits your style of work and what company responds to your service and support needs. This is a very complex and new technology - not sure being a bleeding edge early adopter has a good risk / reward ratio. There will be Gimbal 2.0 coming from all the gimbal manf's quickly (some already announced - others about to be) since they are all still adding features and changing their basic designs. Most are working on a Arri weight class unit which might be better suited for a fully loaded RED.

If you need a gimbal for a project next week - hire Movi owner/operator. If you can wait then I believe you will be best served since you will be making your buying decision with way more information. Somehow movies have been getting made for over 100 years without a gimbal - we can wait a month or so for the fog to clear.

Sounds like good advice Zeb. I'm still hoping that the GB comes through for us in the UK and Europe. I expected that we would be further down the queue, which works out well as hopefully by then, others have received theirs and we can get a real world opinion on the Ronin.

So fingers crossed and thanks for all your hard work.
 
Shame no group buy for UK and Europe.
 
Hi guys!

I got an email from MK Sweden earlier today with info about the deposit and a request to confirm my interest. I did and got an invoice a few minutes later. So, it seems that things are moving behind the scenes here in Euroland after all :)
 
Ok, you got me Jean-Christophe, i didn't follow that GB :emote_22_yikes:

i still have a hard time coping with the fact that the spokesperson of a company doing that kind of deal is offline during the hot phase of this GB.. and no one else is able to communicate here to which logic non-US people
are served..

But you are perfectly right.. lets be patient and not quickly transfer funds until there is some transparency going on..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top