Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

December 1st Dragon Sensor upgrade price increase reminder

Thats what my bomb-squad told me, trade-ins are untouched. Hope this includes the Scarlet-MX to EPIC-X/Dragon path too...

Like I said, wish it wont go up in price.
 
My rep made it sound like you needed to send in the camera by the 1st as well. if I can just pay for it, that makes a bit of a difference....I have a lot of shoots between now and then.

You can pay and send in camera later... for obvious reasons that you just mentioned.

And this increase is just for Dragon upgrades... from Scarlet or Epics going to Dragons
 
You can pay and send in camera later... for obvious reasons that you just mentioned.

And this increase is just for Dragon upgrades... from Scarlet or Epics going to Dragons


Thanks Jarred that's going to help scheduling projects for the future :)
 
You can pay and send in camera later... for obvious reasons that you just mentioned.

And this increase is just for Dragon upgrades... from Scarlet or Epics going to Dragons


Thank god for that ! I've been stuck on wall to wall projects all year. Or the rest of our bodies would have gone in months ago.
 
You can pay and send in camera later... for obvious reasons that you just mentioned.

And this increase is just for Dragon upgrades... from Scarlet or Epics going to Dragons

Thanks that is help me lot................


Sunil Prem
 
Darn, this is a hard choice for me, either I continue with my MX and risk not being able to rent it out as much as if it was a Dragon, or I'll pay up and upgrade not being able to get that extra equipment for my camera while risking a lot of my economy.
I'm really not sure about this. Will the price come down again some time from now or will it be fixed on this price for a while? Is it better to wait if you don't have the economy right now? :undecided:
 
Darn, this is a hard choice for me, either I continue with my MX and risk not being able to rent it out as much as if it was a Dragon, or I'll pay up and upgrade not being able to get that extra equipment for my camera while risking a lot of my economy.
I'm really not sure about this. Will the price come down again some time from now or will it be fixed on this price for a while? Is it better to wait if you don't have the economy right now? :undecided:

Man I tell ya it was like I had a gun to my head lmbo. I sent mines in last friday. Heck I was gonna do it anyway.
 
Thanks for the heads up Jarred, just getting my funds in order but I'm a little confused.

I spoke to the uk bs team who explained that the cost of the upgrade for me in $ would be $10,377+Vat not the $9500+Vat

why is that?

Cheers

Suresh
 
Suresh, asking for clarity from our REL team. Stay tuned.

EDIT: Alan answered a couple of years ago.
 
Last edited:
Thats what my bomb-squad told me, trade-ins are untouched. Hope this includes the Scarlet-MX to EPIC-X/Dragon path too.

Malik, if you are going from SCARLET M-X to EPIC M-X, that price stays the same. As Jarred stated a few posts back, if you are going from a camera (EPIC or SCARLET) with an M-X sensor to one with a DRAGON sensor, the price increase is in effect. So, EPIC M-X to EPIC DRAGON, check. SCARLET M-X to SCARLET DRAGON, check. SCARLET M-X to EPIC DRAGON, check.
 
This is really a short notice annoucement. I still feel the Dragon sensor is somewhat in its development. As the numerous and rapid new versions of firmware seem to show. While I believe it is an improvemnt over the Myterium-X, I am not convinced that is the case in all situations. I think I do want to upgrade, but don't want to do so now. I have for the time being have not had any specific demands for Dragon, only inquiries. People are curious, but hesitant. Why are we being forced to make this decision so rapidly?

Kind regards,
Damien
 
This is really a short notice annoucement. I still feel the Dragon sensor is somewhat in its development. As the numerous and rapid new versions of firmware seem to show. While I believe it is an improvemnt over the Myterium-X, I am not convinced that is the case in all situations. I think I do want to upgrade, but don't want to do so now. I have for the time being have not had any specific demands for Dragon, only inquiries. People are curious, but hesitant. Why are we being forced to make this decision so rapidly?

Kind regards,
Damien
so rapidly? are you joking
upgrade is open at least for a year..
 
so rapidly? are you joking
upgrade is open at least for a year..

But being that Damien feels it's still in-development/work-in-progress, there was basically no time to make an objective or informed decision based on the latest (hopefully final) shipping spec. For example, the swappable OLPFs started shipping when? In the last few weeks? Even if that is to be the last piece of the dragon development puzzle, it only leaves about four weeks from "final" Dragon spec/design to price-increase-day.... Not exactly a generous amount of time given the cost and complexity of thoroughly testing such a device.

End of the day, as Casey says, for better or worse it's forcing would-be upgrades to poop or get off the pot.
 
But being that Damien feels it's still in-development/work-in-progress, there was basically no time to make an objective or informed decision based on the latest (hopefully final) shipping spec. For example, the swappable OLPFs started shipping when? In the last few weeks? Even if that is to be the last piece of the dragon development puzzle, it only leaves about four weeks from "final" Dragon spec/design to price-increase-day.... Not exactly a generous amount of time given the cost and complexity of thoroughly testing such a device.

End of the day, as Casey says, for better or worse it's forcing would-be upgrades to poop or get off the pot.

tell me ONE COMPANY that ships final camera from day 1 :) Alexa had no playback when it came out.same goes with F65 it developed on sets.
 
This is really a short notice annoucement. I still feel the Dragon sensor is somewhat in its development. As the numerous and rapid new versions of firmware seem to show. While I believe it is an improvemnt over the Myterium-X, I am not convinced that is the case in all situations. I think I do want to upgrade, but don't want to do so now. I have for the time being have not had any specific demands for Dragon, only inquiries. People are curious, but hesitant. Why are we being forced to make this decision so rapidly?

Kind regards,
Damien

Because I am convinced RED will have new cameras out by NAB to top the Alexa 65.
 
I wouldn't hold your breathe for this next NAB. Alexa 65 is rental only anyways. Hell, Red hasn't even started selling Epic X Dragons yet and lots of us want them!
 
Because I am convinced RED will have new cameras out by NAB to top the Alexa 65.

they might release new camera on NAB imax competitor RED MAX :) which is greater than Alexa 65..Hope it will be rental only
SensorsizecomparisonAlexa65IMAX-650x524.jpg
 
Back
Top