Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Day rate for scarlet-w

Whats a good day rate for this package?

Whats a good day rate for this package?

SW body
(1) 128 and (1) 256 mini mags
Display
Brick
Rokinon 24mm, 35mm, and 85mm Prime Lenses
 
I have a scarlet MX, ive found renting out as a package works best with scarlet. I can get anywhere from $300 to $800 a day, for just the equipment. This is a fully rigged scarlet mx, and I include arri Softbank lights or 3 kino flo lights in the package.
 
I was thinking of having my cam rate as $500 but looks like I will have to review that after reading this thread.
 
Hi Jordan,

Is $1000 your lower end rate? You have more experience and work on bigger network and commercial projects than many of us on here. Is there a different rate for jobs in the higher commercial tier? Even at $2500 a day with two cameras, seems low for the type of jobs you do.

I think thats the price for the gear when he is using it. So the price does not include him as an operator, im guessing. Around here commercial dps charge atleast 2500us a day and then that only includes the dude himself and the clothes he comes in so no camera and not even a light meter.
 
I was thinking of having my cam rate as $500 but looks like I will have to review that after reading this thread.

Owner/Op cam mate, mostly.. This is for those shooting the hell out of it, not so much renting it. . There will be a market for you for sure in AZ, but more or less personal. I feel this camera strengthens what you can charge for your overall services and open up opportunity to the quality/type content you can potentially make, that in turn will open up more possibilities. Possibilities that could lead to bigger productions where you'd know your way around the CF/Weapon or Epic that they would likely have.. Its a win win, but the money generated is off your services more so than rentals...
 
This is totally going to vary market by market, depending on factors like number of competitive cameras available, amount of jobs available, typical size of budgets, number of owner ops who also rent, etc. if I had to speculate, I'd say a basic Scarlet-W package will rent for $500/day in my medium sized market. I would expect Raven to be somewhere in the $300/day range.

I would agree with this!
 
Talking about different markets, is there anyone out there who can answer this from a South African perspective? There's a vibrant film making market here in Cape Town, but it's a very different environment to the US with the lower earning capacity & local currency. Is there a market here for renting a Scarlet-W?
 
Back
Top