Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Any Possibility of a Scarlet Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
EF-S on S35

EF-S on S35

so EFS glass will cover S35 format?

Yes the EF-S covers about 30mm circle for approx. 16x24mm sensor- give or take don't nickel and dime it to death please:smile5:
REdOne sensor is 13x24 so smaller-yes it will work. 4.5 K is 15mm and change
by the same height- being 2:1 is probably more like 16x13mm still smaller than APS-C sensor image circle.
5D has 24x36 sensor so circle needs to be 43mm to cover-hence the overkill...
 
I really really hate to say this, I even have a paid job next summer based on my "scarlet purchase" but I agree. No super irm dates after NAB will probably mean I just buy a 5d or t2i... damn it! I really want to get scarlet the moment it comes out, but I have projects now, and I really did NOT enjoy the hvx200 with M2 adapter workflow, the thing is a light pit and too many little things to go wrong (the project turned out great, don't get me wrong). If I don't know when non red one owners can by by the end of NAB, I will just pimp out a DSLR (which i do hate the idea of that compression, being a colorist) and keep the rigging for a "some day" scarlet

wow, that sounds like a threat at red, lol, but its not. I know they are going to do what they are going to do. Us people with paid jobs just gotta do what we do!

anyway, I will sleep on it.

Jeff
 
wow, that sounds like a threat at red
Jeff

I think RED knows that prioritizing EPIC over Scarlet coupled with constant delays is costing them many potential customers. And to have them lured away by such an inferior system (canon dslr's) must sting. People have said RED has shot themselves in the foot by delaying the scarlet over and over and over again, but really the only way to shoot yourself in this industry is to release a bad product. And the day RED releases a bad product, I'll shoot myself in the foot.
 
haha this is why i bought a 7d months ago. I knew it would be a long wait. If I didn't have faith that scarlet will be mind-blowing I would be upset, but I'm not at all.
 
I've seen plenty of posts from people on this forum who think they are buying a scarlet in 2010.
 
agree ...

agree ...

haha this is why i bought a 7d months ago. I knew it would be a long wait. If I didn't have faith that scarlet will be mind-blowing I would be upset, but I'm not at all.

That's why I bought an EX3 ... I knew there would be a wait. Good little camera the EX3 ... not Red but not bad either.
 
I think after some mayor announcements and the speed RED is pumping all this out...Scarlet is not far away. Make magic pixies bake faster! :yesnod:
 
I know how everyone feels, ANXIOUS!

I've been contemplating to keep my MkII over a Scarlet but it's come down to RAW. I'm not looking forward to having to deal with the crop factor but again I've been shooting 2/3'' since I was 12 on a Canon GL1 so I can suck it up until I can afford a S35 or a MkIII for that matter ;)

I've been keeping an eye on Camera Rentalz board "Scarlet Release Tracker" It states that they may have a Scarlet prototype but maybe it's not being showed off because they finally got an Epic up and running. I mean if i could choose what to play with first it'd be an Epic. hehe

http://camerarentalz.com/scarlet-release-tracker/

My main question, if they're just now getting prototypes hypothetically how far away are they from mass production? Did they pull these off the production line or where these made individually?

From the hints and all the crazy posts of new products I wouldn't be surprised if they could get them out in a month or two. I mean they could at least start taking orders if they're 1-4 months away to lock us in or start shipping accessories by the end of this month.
 
I'll buy whichever one is out as soon as it's available. Then I'll buy the S35 as soon as I can as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top