Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Allstar lens is available - 80-200mm T3 PL and 50mm T1.5 PL

As I said, we are making something to working for cinema, not just rehousing focus gear, iris ring or PL mount.
Both of our 100mm and 135mm have over 300 degree on focus turning,
That is much much complicate than just rehousing, so we can't make it quickly. We have our own agenda. If you want to see our 24-70, all you can do is to wait.
Sorry for that, but our products won't let you down.
 
Hi Tom

Do you know where we could find those lenses ?


Alain from Paris (abraun@mire.net)
 
24-70mm!!!! Thats GREAT news! Any more info on this lens? Is it the Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 FX AF-S G ED?
 
Hi Tom. How is the breathing on the prime lens? What lens would you compare it to ? Very interested.
 
Breathing is super well controlled on the 50mm, and the expanded focus scale is tremendous.

Seriously what a great lens.

also enjoyed the 80-200 but the 50mm is my choice if I had to take only one.

well received at cine gear. Will post some sample footage soon. On the road shooting a feature at the moment.
 
Wonderful then! If allstar assures me they will produce more primes. At least an 85 and 35. Especially with the new sigmas they have my money. Looking forward for the footage. Thanks Dan !
 
hey Tom,

so if I'm reading all this correctly you have not only rehoused the 80-200 but have extended the focus throw right?

Also, it is very cool that you have a 24-70 on the list, do you know for sure which lens it is going to be yet? I am asking because I will probably start by buying your 80-200 and then purchase the medium zoom you plan on rehousing in anticipation of you offering that service. I would assume it would be the nikon 24-70 because the 28-70 is discontinued.

I know the 14-24 is a no go for you guys but do you plan on making a full frame wide zoom to go with the mid and telephoto zooms?

I'm sorry if I am asking too much, just trying to plan ahead. I'm not asking for delivery dates, just maybe a roadmap of what lenses you plan to rehouse if that's possible.
 
As I said, we are making something to working for cinema, not just rehousing focus gear, iris ring or PL mount.
Both of our 100mm and 135mm have over 300 degree on focus turning,
That is much much complicate than just rehousing, so we can't make it quickly. We have our own agenda. If you want to see our 24-70, all you can do is to wait.
Sorry for that, but our products won't let you down.

Can we PLEASE have some more info regarding 24-70?
Will it be parfocal, which brand and how soon?
I really need one soon.
Thank you.
 
There is only one 80-200 f/2.8 lens still in production and that is AF-D and it is 16 elements design.
 
Just received 80-200 T.3. Beautiful work and nice weight... not too heavy not too light.
Thank you, Tom!
 

Attachments

  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 2
Tom said 110 degrees on the first post.
 
80-200mm T3
Price: $2800USD
Weight: 1.9KG
Length: 19cm
Front diameter: 95mm / 77mm thread
Close Focus: 5ft
Aperture: T3-T22
Focus turning angle: 110 degrees
Coverage: FF35 36x24mm

_MG_3439_zps20acd7aa.jpg

_MG_5002_zps7f1cfc2c.jpg

_MG_3436_zps2b414311.jpg



Tom

Still waiting guys :)
when does it ship.
 
Mark, I bought it directly from Tom at Allstar. When did you order it?
 
HI Jay. How smooth is the focus ring? It looks really well constructed. Good luck. Sure it will serve you well. Post us your thoughts on the lens when you have some time pls. Appreciate it.
 
Fantastic job. Exactly the types of lenses that I would need at the right price. However I'm very unhappy that it spins the wrong way. Personally I think it takes a LOT of time to become good at focus pulling and always pulling the right way so I don't think I would like to mix directions in the lenses.

/Andreas
 
Many FF units can reverse the direction.

Fantastic job. Exactly the types of lenses that I would need at the right price. However I'm very unhappy that it spins the wrong way. Personally I think it takes a LOT of time to become good at focus pulling and always pulling the right way so I don't think I would like to mix directions in the lenses.

/Andreas
 
Back
Top