Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Allstar lens is available - 80-200mm T3 PL and 50mm T1.5 PL

Of course,I will make whole series prime lens because I need it as well. 35mm will be Sigma 35mm f1.4, others are not..

Hi Tom,
any chance to rehouse my NIKONS ED 28-70mm f2.8 and 17-35mm f2.8. I could send to you 80-200 as well.
It would be great if it is possible. Especially 28-70 which is a beast. Please let me know.

Regards
jiri
 
vithya: if you want to know about the optical, you only need to find a Nikon 80-200, and you will know it. It can be shipped to worldwide.

Evin: Of course, we will eliminate play in focus ring. But some play you found is coming from gear, which is contacting to the motor of body.


Jay, you can use your own lens to rehousing. The price is $1800 USD. But if your lens need to be cleaned or adjusting lens, there will be extra fee.

I will have wide zoom lens, but won't be Nikon, I have made a 14-24 prototype about one year ago, but it has severe zoom affecter when focusing, so I gave up.
IMG_1105.jpg
 
I do not think it is a good idea to have "goulash" of lens rehousing where one owns sigma primes mixed with others. Also mixing up Nikons with orher brands is strange.
Why not 17-35?? Why not 28-70?
 
I really wish somebody rehoused 24/28-70 zoom. It is a workhorse. Perhaps Nan will jump at it ;-)
 
[COLOR=#FFFFFF !important]Tom this looks great, job well done.

I also agree about no mix of lens types if making a prime set.
For zooms... The angeniuex 28-70 or Nikon equivalent would be incredible. Please not the Canon.

About that 14-24... here's a reason the Ruby costs what it does. Incredible rehousing work. Tom even if you could have made a cheaper version, it's probably for the better for that you didn't. Our markets are so small, best to get your niche and own it, leave the other guys be, everyone's happy :)
[/COLOR]
 
Actually, nothing like those at all.

Allstar has created his own system for moving the optics to retain tracking, parfocality on the zoom, and overall better mechanical performance.

it's not a sheep in wolf's clothing kind of situation.
 
Last edited:
Does anyone know when the zoom lens will be available.
 
Stop by the PARALINX booth at Cinegear to see these lenses in Action - We are pleased to be helping AllStarCine out by showcasing the lenses here in Los Angeles for this event!

Best,

Dan Kanes
PARALINX, LLC
 
Both of 50 and 80-200 are available: http://allstar-cine.myweb.hinet.net/html/red_accessories/A_mount_system_lens.htm

I have say again, my 80-200mm lens is rehousing lens, but 50mm is not same level as rehousing lenses, it is completely rebuild lens.
I think, the basic need for video lens is to have accurate focus equipment, not PL mount.
Most still camera lens cannot provide this function, even it is a manual lens.
So I rebuild all parts, making the focus turning angle to be over 300 degree.
This is a very complicate working, also the prime cost is much higher than rehousing lens.

Dan will know what's the difference when he receive the lens.
I am a cinemagrapher not a business man. I won't build a set of Canon or Nikon rehousing lens to make money, I do what I think is valuable. I want to make something really workable for shooting. Still camera lens isn't like cinema lens, they still won't be match on same brand lens. And it needs to consider about other effectors, like resolusion, focu breathing... so I'd rather use mix lenses than same brand lenses, so that I can choose good ones.
I am now making 100 micro and 135mm T1.9, they are also made by complicate building.

Because making this takes many time and effort, so I decided to stop producing accessories. Therefore I will start sale support and shoulder products.
Tom
 
The 100 macro and the 135 T1.9 sound great...

I have a lots of lenses but why I am interested in your stuff is to augment my options when I am just running 2 short optimos... I often miss a fast 35 or 32 when I use the zooms so please consider the Sigma 35mm T1.5 soon..

Thanks

Michael
 
Hi Tom. Do you think you will produce more prime lenses. An 85mm and 35 at least?

Would like to see some footage from the prime. I know the nikon is wonderful. I remeber a while ago Mr Toia posted some beautifal stills taken with the nikon.
 
There is few Macro 100mm and 135mm primes.
We Need 24-70mm full frame Zoom. !!!
Can somebody on this Planet Rehouse one?(or do i have to buy Zeiss for $20,000)
 
Back
Top