Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

ADOBE PREMIERE 6 --- I HAVE NO WORDS ....

Bummed. I tried the download 3 times and when I try to open the DMG it says checksum error everytime.

Try restarting your computer Dave, if you haven't already. It took me a couple of attempts. Also, don't do anything once you click on the DMG file (don't click off of or away from it like going into another application).
 
I need to watch tutorials. Been in FCP land for sooooooooo long. Had to make the switch by Adobe has knocked out Apple. :-( I know Lynda has some good tutorials on CS6. Any "free" ones out there that anyone knows of?

Here's the place to start for what's new and changed in Premiere Pro CS6: http://adobe.ly/HDKYpx

I'm a bit biased toward the 2+ hours of free video training on the video2brain site (linked to in the aforementioned article).

For more general information, start here to learn Premiere Pro: http://adobe.ly/psbYc4
 
Here's the place to start for what's new and changed in Premiere Pro CS6: http://adobe.ly/HDKYpx

I'm a bit biased toward the 2+ hours of free video training on the video2brain site (linked to in the aforementioned article).

For more general information, start here to learn Premiere Pro: http://adobe.ly/psbYc4

Of course you are biased, Todd. You made the tutorials. And you did quite a fine job.
 
so i've tried now for a 4th time to download and install. when trying to open dmg file i get through and right at the end a window opens up and it says invalid checksum. I've restarted my computer and only let the dmg window work. nothing else open.

Ideas?
 
Guyss,
i have enable my ati 5770 in text file opencl support,
OpenCL sincerely using the card ATI 5770 1GB is very very slow.
There is no comparison when you enable cuda. the system becomes very fast fast fast with more effect.
 

Attachments

  • 323.jpg
    323.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 0
Dave (and everyone else),

In case it hasn't been made clear: The trial version is not supposed to be downloaded yet. The "workaround" that you're trying to use is not a legitimate way to get this software.

I understand that you might not have realized this, so I'm not accusing anyone of doing anything wrong. But now you know for sure that downloading this software now and in this manner is not something that we endorse or will support.

We will be releasing the software soon.
 
Dave (and everyone else),

In case it hasn't been made clear: The trial version is not supposed to be downloaded yet. The "workaround" that you're trying to use is not a legitimate way to get this software.

I understand that you might not have realized this, so I'm not accusing anyone of doing anything wrong. But now you know for sure that downloading this software now and in this manner is not something that we endorse or will support.

We will be releasing the software soon.


Oops ..... good to know. Thanks Todd.

I will now stop trying!
 
Dave (and everyone else),

In case it hasn't been made clear: The trial version is not supposed to be downloaded yet. The "workaround" that you're trying to use is not a legitimate way to get this software.

I understand that you might not have realized this, so I'm not accusing anyone of doing anything wrong. But now you know for sure that downloading this software now and in this manner is not something that we endorse or will support.

We will be releasing the software soon.


You are right Todd,
but how can you not try this fantastic software.

sorry for my post.

We await the official release;)


thansk
Luigi
 
Dave (and everyone else),

In case it hasn't been made clear: The trial version is not supposed to be downloaded yet. The "workaround" that you're trying to use is not a legitimate way to get this software.

I understand that you might not have realized this, so I'm not accusing anyone of doing anything wrong. But now you know for sure that downloading this software now and in this manner is not something that we endorse or will support.

We will be releasing the software soon.

Err - sorry!!!

Grabbed this early, mainly to test R3D's on my laptop (which wasn't intended for editing on :)

Noticed lack on 5Kana there... but the package is great - really great.

Is there any point in de-installing and waiting for an official trial? My 30 days are now down to 28 - and I've done the critical bit for my test purposes.

So, do you suggest a uninstall? Only thought I had on this is the trial counter might reduce anyway (even with a full uninstall) - so I'd loose potential test days :)

Any advice appreciated - and again, outstanding job that it's possible to edit 5K on a very run of the mill laptop.
 
Norton is coming up with a virus on the first link. Are those not adobe servers?
Suspicious.Cloud.7.F
 
Me either. I frequently skip versions because I don't find there to be enough value for the dollar, and doing that also helps me maximize the investment I've already made. If you get on the treadmill of paying continually, and lose your license when you d/c your membership, then you don't get that maximum ROI.

$30/mo. Is a great deal, but that is for one year. I might consider doing that for the year and then take the box. At $50/mo you get into the problem I mentioned. At the end of two years you paid for the Production Premium, but you have no license beyond the membership. Sure you had a great, up to date two years, but now you have nada.

Definitely the box, upgrading from 5.5. The cloud reminds me a bit to much of the whole "lease" concept, which I dont buy into.
 
Last edited:
Me either. I frequently skip versions because I don't find there to be enough value for the dollar, and doing that also helps me maximize the investment I've already made. If you get on the treadmill of paying continually, and lose your license when you d/c your membership, then you don't get that maximum ROI.

$30/mo. Is a great deal, but that is for one year. I might consider doing that for the year and then take the box. At $50/mo you get into the problem I mentioned. At the end of two years you paid for the Production Premium, but you have no license beyond the membership. Sure you had a great, up to date two years, but now you have nada.
Keep in mind you get access to Master Collection and it looks like Lightroom as well at some point.
 
Sure you had a great, up to date two years, but now you have nada.

You'll be up to date with the box version too. It's not like Adobe will release updates only for the Cloud and not for the box version. I really don't understand why they list that as an added bonus, when you get it with the box version too.

I also don't like the idea of paying for something for a year or 2 years and having nothing to show for it when you discontinue your membership. If Adobe ever does Cloud/subscription-based apps only and no option for a boxed version/wholly-owned license I will switch to something else.
 
You'll be up to date with the box version too. It's not like Adobe will release updates only for the Cloud and not for the box version. I really don't understand why they list that as an added bonus, when you get it with the box version too.

I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you saying that with a cloud subscription you get a box version too? I didn't see that. If that were true why would anyone pay full price for any box this year?

From Adobe FAQ:
If I decide to stop my membership, will I still be able to use my Creative Suite software and the other components of Creative Cloud?

When you suspend or cancel your membership to Creative Cloud, you will no longer have access to the CS applications, other desktop software, and services that are components of Creative Cloud. However, if you saved your work to your computer, you will continue to have access to those files. You will also have access to the same benefits as a free Creative Cloud member, which include 2GB of storage space (reduced from 20GB), the ability to sync and store your files, access to a free 30-day trial of the desktop software that has not already been installed and provisioned as part of your paid membership, and access to the free level of services included with Creative Cloud.

There are no unpaid updates with the box versions. Surely that's not what you mean, is it? If you buy CS6 box this year you will have to pay for the next upgrade. Sure it will be an option to upgrade as always.
 
Last edited:
I downloaded the Master Collection version for Mac.
Installed great on a fresh Lion shared with CS 5.5.
I couldnt test Premiere Pro since my RRC are sitting in different computers and I had no R3Ds handy at the time (short testing period).
I did however go for the one Im more interested in which is After Effects.
It seems that I already found some bugs in the workflow.
Tried to bring it up at CreativeCow, but they took my post down.
I will try and hammer PPro today on a RRC system.
 
I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you saying that with a cloud subscription you get a box version too? I didn't see that. If that were true why would anyone pay full price for any box this year?

From Adobe FAQ:


There are no unpaid updates with the box versions. Surely that's not what you mean, is it? If you buy CS6 box this year you will have to pay for the next upgrade. Sure it will be an option to upgrade as always.

Clearly, what Mike is saying is that, with the cloud, the moment you stop paying your monthly subscription (for whatever reason), you have NO more access to any of the Adobe applications. Just your files. With the purchase of the software, you have the applications forever. Even if there are newer versions available, you're not dead in the water. You still have perfectly capable software that you can renew whenever you feel the need.
 
Back
Top