Steve Dent
Well-known member
It's amazing what a solid product this has become when I think back on the first couple of versions... and PC/Mac agnostic no less.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: this_feature_currently_requires_accessing_site_using_safari
Hi Luigi,
Do you still use a GT 9600 as your UI card in Resolve and CS6 and the 590 for calculation in windows and lion...
Does it work with windows.gui is 8800 gt 512 mb and for cuda gtx 590 , i use only osx lion 10.7.3![]()
Are there any keyframes, or was the shot split for some reason? This doesn't look normal, no.Is this normal?
I have this 6 second clip of a bird, and under Video Effects, added "Auto Levels" into the scene.
It fixed the color and contrast, but when the scene has any changes, the colors totally change.
Is it normal for an effect to change as the clip changes? Maybe the levels change during the scene?
Notice how the greens get darker when the bird flies away.
https://vimeo.com/41267745
Ah, so that's different from how others approach it. Interesting.Yeah - auto levels changes overtime. You would be much better off using standard levels and setting it yourself for most jobs![]()
Auto levels generally is used to identify what it thinks are the appropriate level for the scene. But usually it's a static change, not one that adapts to changes in the scene. Admittedly, I'm not really much of an auto levels kind of guy, so I usually avoid that in any editing or color correcting scenario.
Positives: Performance is great. New interface is awesome.
Negatives:
1. Crashes frequently on my 2011 17" MacBook Pro. I uninstalled CS5.5 and then installed CS6. Even crashed once while restarting after a crash and opening that project again.
2. Frequently will not playback after some settings changed in the app's preferences. The same thing happened in the webinar on Wednesday when they tried to turn on Mercury Engine on an iMac (or was it MacBook Pro?), so clearly some kind of bug.
3. Disappointed that Speedgrade has limited media compatibility. When will this be expanded? Do we have to wait for CS6.5 or CS7, or might we see it in interim updates?
4. Warp stabilizer only works with media that's the same resolution as the sequence. Quite annoying. Also, would be nice to adjust more parameters, like customizing the scale AND rotation independently like with Apple's stabilizer. Overall I think I got better stabilization results from FCP's stabilizer than the Warp Stabilizer because of that.
5. Speedgrade doesn't seem very intuitive and there doesn't seem to be any documentation or help file in the app anywhere.
Overall, I'm pleased and hoping these issues are things that get addressed in updates.
Premiere and AME are very well designed for multithreaded use - RedCine-X isn't so well multithreaded - so I'm guessing this is what you are seeing. Thought the RedRocket might naturalize that difference though. The RedRocket can only be used by one application at a time - are you sure Premiere doesn't currently have control of it?
Can you run the trailversion without uninstalling previous version?
Well....on CS 5.5 i get kind of crappy playback in my timeline....My timeline is setup with a Matrox preset for 1920x1080p with mixed RED, AVCHD and prores files...I'm running a RR card and Quadra 4000 on my mac pro and get really stuttered playback...BUT, i do get my external monitors playing off of my Matrox MXO2---one via HDMI to my 50" Plasma and the other via dual SDI to a converter for single link 3g to my FSI 24" monitor....that part works brilliantly...all in 5.5 (with the exception of what i would call just crappy playpback).....
CS 6: I get FANTASTIC playback with NO stuttering....However there are no longer any options when setting up a sequence to choose Matrox MXO2 settings....so, i've tried a generic 1080p and RED sequence all at 1080p....and get NO external monitoring to my Matrox or through my Matrox to my "other" monitors.... I believe another user said --teh OP that is...that he is getting playback on his BM card...HOW IS THAT? anyone got a clue or a way to get MATROX playback?