Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

4K Challenge - 72hr RED Film Competition

Just a reminder the 4K Challenge RED Carpet Event, will take place at 10PM at the Downtown Independent in down town LA on Saturday January 31st! Please RSVP by e-mailing myself and Mike! Hope to see you all there. you can find the address on their webiste.

http://www.downtownindependent.com/
 
Just a reminder to please get your High Resolition ProRes or Cineform file of your movie to Darren by Tommorrow evening for the screening on January 31st. Even if you can't make the screening we would be appreciative of your cooperation for turning in a high red copy for us to showcase your hard work.
Thank you and we hope to see you at the screening!
 

Hi Mike: One suggestion - you should break this list out of this long thread, make it its own thread and lock it, maybe stick it, if the mods will let you. Keeping the list separate will help latecomers to have an easier time of finding out how to access the films, without making them plow through 17 pages of chatter.
 
We are in the motions to hopefully have our own thread for the 4K Challenge as it will quickly expand well beyond this first challenge, more on that later. We are right there with you.
 
Yeap, Mikes right Cineform will be the solution!

One snag: The Red Premiere plug-in only works with CS4, so that's what I edited with. As best I can tell, Cineform doesn't yet support CS4?

Is there another codec that I can go to from Adobe Media Encoder CS4 that would work well?

Best,
Tim
 
One snag: The Red Premiere plug-in only works with CS4, so that's what I edited with. As best I can tell, Cineform doesn't yet support CS4?

Is there another codec that I can go to from Adobe Media Encoder CS4 that would work well?

Best,
Tim

Which codec choices do you have that are dual platform compatible?
I would say to use 10 bit uncompressed but your file size will be huge. We could always re-compress that to ProRes on our end but uploading will take forever. Let me know what options you have and we can work from there.
 
Crap, it seems like I won't be able to upload our file in due times. I started it this morning and I was getting around 90ish KB/s. When I came back home, it has fallen at 7KB/s, which for a 6GB file put us at over 200 hours. I've restarted it back, and the best I can get is 45KB/s...
 
Crap, it seems like I won't be able to upload our file in due times. I started it this morning and I was getting around 90ish KB/s. When I came back home, it has fallen at 7KB/s, which for a 6GB file put us at over 200 hours. I've restarted it back, and the best I can get is 45KB/s...

Dominique, don't worry about it. Just let it go. as long as you've started the upload your good to go. If you need to send us a mini hard drive send me a PM.

mike
 
Hey Mike - I've sent a PM to Darren and an email to you and still don't have the upload info yet. I know we won't be able to get it uploaded by midnight, but I'd still like to be able to submit our project.

Can anyone else PM me or email me the ftp info? danderson@whygopure.com
 
Hey Mike - I've sent a PM to Darren and an email to you and still don't have the upload info yet. I know we won't be able to get it uploaded by midnight, but I'd still like to be able to submit our project.

Can anyone else PM me or email me the ftp info? danderson@whygopure.com

Message sent to the email you provided. Sorry for any delayed response. Thanks again!
 
I haven't got the ftp info either... But I didn't ask for the info until today. Not that it matters much now, I've been fighting with Adobe Media Encoder CS4 all afternoon. It keeps crashing while trying to encode our film to just about any format and I've tried on multiple systems.

Thought I had it done a couple hours ago as I was about 97% complete when it hung on me. WTF? CS4 = not ready for prime time. It worked fine for our cut for the original submission. But now that I've made a new cut and pulled it through AE and Color Finesse, I can't render. Meh.... I'lll try a few more things I guess.
 
I haven't got the ftp info either... But I didn't ask for the info until today. Not that it matters much now, I've been fighting with Adobe Media Encoder CS4 all afternoon. It keeps crashing while trying to encode our film to just about any format and I've tried on multiple systems.

Thought I had it done a couple hours ago as I was about 97% complete when it hung on me. WTF? CS4 = not ready for prime time. It worked fine for our cut for the original submission. But now that I've made a new cut and pulled it through AE and Color Finesse, I can't render. Meh.... I'lll try a few more things I guess.

Jeff, sent you an email with the ftp info. Sorry guys for any delay, went out to dinner:-)
 
I've been fighting with Adobe Media Encoder CS4 all afternoon. It keeps crashing while trying to encode our film to just about any format and I've tried on multiple systems.

If it's freezing up, then that's the same problem I ran into (but of course it could be an unrelated problem as well). My issue seemed to be related to running credits or JPG's over black instead of over video... starting with a bit of plain video and then overlaying on top of that seemd to fix it. I posted a description of the issue to the workflow thread, but as far as I know, Adobe/Red haven't had a chance to look into it yet.

I know exactly how frustrating that can be, so you have my sympathies! Nice work on your film by the way; very creative!

Best,
Tim
 
Back
Top