Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Which One(s) do you like?

A would be my first choice.
 
A and D... for the car D is better :) For the girl I'm little bit confused I liked all heheh
 
Preferences

C - First Girl
C - Phil
D - Makeup Girl
C - Third Girl
G - Car
C or F - Two Asia Girl
C or F - Buildings

I'm viewing on a 55" LG B6 Oled

I'm viewing on a 27" Dell monitor, and I agree with Frank's choices.
It's that natural "dynamic range Plus" look.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Moderator
  • #46
Good feedback people. I'll aggregate these notes as well as a few others outside of RU. It's nice to hear that not just one is "perfect" actually.
 
After a second look on a separate day, I think I prefer D now.

It has the most pleasing transition in skin to shadows for me. I also feel it removes a yellow tinge in skin that I find myself dialing out of Red footage frequently. I also tend to like blues that push more in the cyan direction so it also covers that.

Those are all actually the same reasons I picked F originally, but on second look, the blues are pushing too cyan for a base color and the yellow tinge removal is making skin go a little bit too pink. Everything in moderation. :)

While I am okay with most of them. I definitely do not like B, C, or G. B is too punchy and saturating reds to the legal limit in the car. I have a feeling the car's paint is actually a little on the orange side in real life, especially when comparing to the face-paint frame. C makes skin look dead. And G has too much yellow going on in skintones as well as too much mid-tone contrast that makes it feel more like a gritty photograph, less motion-picture-esque.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the experiment Phil,
I'm liking E for the Blue color in most of the shots, specifically the sky in the building shot, and the Blue reflected on the bumper in the Red Car shot.

But I think D looks better for skin tone, and it's less contrast then E.
 
Just reading through the other responses... funny how many people also fav'ed A and D

A and D feel really good to me.

C is like a more grounded "real life" looking version of D... whereas D is more creamy and feel better for cinema.

I like F as a middle ground between the "creamy" D and the "real life" C

A is the most pleasing to me... but the smoothie-cream may be too strong for some shots. For example I think it blooms too much on your skin Phil... but feels nice on the first lady pictured. For the painted lady I also wouldn't choose A as it comes across as too "soft" and I like a the higher contrast B for her.
 
Back
Top