Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Where in line are we and how manmy ordered?

I ordered my SCARLET on the 3rd at 1030pm, and paid the deposit on the 4th. but I also bought $20,000 more gear on the 4th too. I have received all of the gear except for the SCARLET and the TOUCH LCD.... Although I received an email last week from my bomb squad rep telling me that my TOUCH LCD was ready, and I emailed back but have not heard anything from him. Of course they are super busy, so I am not complaining, just hanging out instead. besides, midterms, and thanksgiving have me pretty busy anyway!

I ordered a touch on the 3rd immediate after the Scarlet X AL mount, but wanted to keep it as a second order so it would ship. On the 4th they told me they were out of stock and there was a system error, but since I was charged I reached out and they were in fact in. I'm assuming so many ordered these in advance like me. It looks like they showed in stock still last I checked. I received it and it looks beautiful however since it is powered by the Scarlet I can't do much with it. lol
 
Any chance to get some info regarding the beginning of European Shipping from RED UK ?..
Can we expect an european getting a Scarlet-X soon ?..
Or maybe I'm wrong and you need to fulfill Us orders first before switching to the rest of the world ?

I Tried to get some info from Alan regarding European shipping and procedure but he must be pretty slammed right now as he have not answered to my email yet...
I Don't want to know if I will receive my camera soon as a crazy guy... I'm ok, I'm able to wait anyway ....
But everyone here is speaking about US shipping and all those steps
it would be nice to know how the situation will evolve far away from california at RED UK... Do we have to pay a deposit too or full payment ... etc ...

The only thing I know is:

1- it will be a slight delay between Europe and US
2- we will have to wait until RED UK is ready to ship
3- You said that there is some Scarlet Stocked in UK and Alan should have to bring more cam depending on how much order has to be proceed in UK

In fact, it would be nice to see some Scarlet movement around europe too. That would be fair

Thank you for your great support
 
Ok, I read a lot of people getting bits and pieces shipped to them from their Scarlet orders, and a few saying their 'packages' have been split up and parts shipping when available...
My order SO-0050943 ordered Nov. 3rd within the first half hour, is still showing the whole thing as a package. Not broken out into parts...
Should I be happy (that it's going to be in the first batch with everything included) or sad (that something went wrong and I'll have to wait for the bits and pieces to come in little by little)?
I don't have a Rep yet (since Brent said we need to be patient and a Rep will be assigned to us closer to shipping...), so I haven't called to find out.
I also want to get the funds transferred before Dec. 1st... I guess I gotta call.
 
Ok, I read a lot of people getting bits and pieces shipped to them from their Scarlet orders, and a few saying their 'packages' have been split up and parts shipping when available...
My order SO-0050943 ordered Nov. 3rd within the first half hour, is still showing the whole thing as a package. Not broken out into parts...
Should I be happy (that it's going to be in the first batch with everything included) or sad (that something went wrong and I'll have to wait for the bits and pieces to come in little by little)?
I don't have a Rep yet (since Brent said we need to be patient and a Rep will be assigned to us closer to shipping...), so I haven't called to find out.
I also want to get the funds transferred before Dec. 1st... I guess I gotta call.
Chris,

I think the people getting there parts shipped out put it in as a separate order than there Scarlet. Whether 10 seconds after or 10 days after it is a totally separate order. For example. I ordered a RED power pack on Sunday morning. My rep has already contacted me on the shipping process for that. While everything I ordered with my scarlet (Scarlet AL, DSMC Sidehandle, 4xRV, Touchscreen, Travel Charger, AC Adapter) are all shipping with the Scarlet. Everything I've ordered separately has been shipped or is shipping already. Everything in the same order as your Scarlet will ship when you Scarlet ships.
 
I just sent a check, (a $19,000 check) Fedex Overnighted to accounts payable with my order number, and customer number on it, then I called a few days later to make sure my REP had received it. Invariably it ended up in another dept. so I'm glad I caught it when I did. Maybe a check isn't that good for most but we don't use credit cards, so for us there was no other choice except for wire transfer, and since we just moved out of state (for school) that was kinda out of the question. The items that were on the same order as my SCARLET are in my house right now, but unable to be used for obvious reasons, lol.
Hey if you don't get your gear yet, that's alright, you can't use it anyway, lol. My $6000 RED PRO ZOOM is sitting in a basket in my room, and I occasionally look at it as I'm passing by, hey sometimes I even pick it up and go ohhh, ahhh, right before I put it back down.

Ok, I read a lot of people getting bits and pieces shipped to them from their Scarlet orders, and a few saying their 'packages' have been split up and parts shipping when available...
My order SO-0050943 ordered Nov. 3rd within the first half hour, is still showing the whole thing as a package. Not broken out into parts...
Should I be happy (that it's going to be in the first batch with everything included) or sad (that something went wrong and I'll have to wait for the bits and pieces to come in little by little)?
I don't have a Rep yet (since Brent said we need to be patient and a Rep will be assigned to us closer to shipping...), so I haven't called to find out.
I also want to get the funds transferred before Dec. 1st... I guess I gotta call.
 
I believe they will ship later. Jarred posted that if someone had an open order, they were ahead of Scarlet. In the referenced post they were talking about the side handle, but hopefully it applies to all open orders. :) Sounds like the Ti Canon mount is backordered through mid December.

Ti still says estimated shipping 1 dec on Red.com.
 
Ok, I read a lot of people getting bits and pieces shipped to them from their Scarlet orders, and a few saying their 'packages' have been split up and parts shipping when available...
My order SO-0050943 ordered Nov. 3rd within the first half hour, is still showing the whole thing as a package. Not broken out into parts...
Should I be happy (that it's going to be in the first batch with everything included) or sad (that something went wrong and I'll have to wait for the bits and pieces to come in little by little)?
I don't have a Rep yet (since Brent said we need to be patient and a Rep will be assigned to us closer to shipping...), so I haven't called to find out.
I also want to get the funds transferred before Dec. 1st... I guess I gotta call.

Well I'm 942 so I'll give a 30 second head start on when to expect an email. ;)

My order is still just the one item. BTW.
 
Yeah their ready to ship announcement seems a bit deceiving now doesn't it. I'm still pleased to be able to get such a powerful camera for the price, but feel a bit shafted after all the false bravado of how things are supposed to really be changing now. I suppose red will always be the same in that aspect. I'm within the first 500 orders seemingly and a pl mount at that and no one at red can give me an approximate ship date so that I may make appropriate arrangements with my bank. Crap, but when have no other alternative to turn to, (equivalent alternative I should say) what ya gonna do.
 
Yeah their ready to ship announcement seems a bit deceiving now doesn't it. I'm still pleased to be able to get such a powerful camera for the price, but feel a bit shafted after all the false bravado of how things are supposed to really be changing now. I suppose red will always be the same in that aspect. I'm within the first 500 orders seemingly and a pl mount at that and no one at red can give me an approximate ship date so that I may make appropriate arrangements with my bank. Crap, but when have no other alternative to turn to, (equivalent alternative I should say) what ya gonna do.

I get consistently discouraged too. What I don't understand is RED knows we are here asking and I'm assuming also understands with a simple update on ship dates, even if it is something to put us off until Dec / Jan, we would all be much happier. Jarred, Brent and Jim are constantly in the forums with these questions since Nov 17th, yet they just look past these questions and answer others. I'm really not complaining, but just don't get it. Just shut all of us up with a simple post that says what is up with Scarlet X shipping schedules. I mean, we all deserve it since Nov 17th and Dec 1st were what they said. We are all very sick and tired of wasting our time having to follow a forum just to hope for this info.

Honestly it would be completely cool if they say Jan or Feb for me, I just want to know what in the world is up with these guys. Just so they understand clients and customers don't like things to be so open ended. And for the haters who are going to post comments about this, just so you understand, I'm Scarlet X Al mount so I'm in the back of the line, but still want some info.
 
I'm also cool with later shipping dates but if I can't make the payment within 2011 I will have to cancel, else I would lose couple of thousand € due to tax regulations and if I'd have to pay those, I couldn't afford Scarlet anymore.
Some info update would be very helpful indeed.
 
I'm also cool with later shipping dates but if I can't make the payment within 2011 I will have to cancel, else I would lose couple of thousand € due to tax regulations

I think a lot of us are in the same boat... I may not have to cancel after the new year, but waiting until 2012 would pretty much negate the advantage of ordering before the price increase, seeing as I'd have to pay taxes on the money I'm holding onto for Scarlet.
 
Back
Top