Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

What's going to happen to the Scarlets that get upgraded for Epics?

Grzegorz Gill

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 2, 2010
Messages
457
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Website
cargocollective.com
I was just wondering what will happen to the Scarlets that get upgraded to Epics. Will they go up for sale as battle tested? Also if they go for sale as battle tested will there be an upgrade path for the dragon sensor?

Thanks,
GG
 
I would suspect this time around RED will destroy them and not offer Battle Tested as they would be better served moving forward with new technologies.


Then why go through the trouble of Quality Testing each Scarlet for upgrades to Epic and Dragon?
 
I suspect they will be made into Scarlet Dragons and swapped out with those who want to upgrade. Cuts down on turnaround time and other complications that might happen on the assembly line to cause delays.
 
RED gave us a huge 4K RED ONE offering. These were BT too. It may be fair to assume these also came from Epic trade in stages. I am pretty certain we will see something similar. But probably some time in the future.
 
My guess: Sold at a discount to film schools all over the country/world.
 
I suspect they will be made into Scarlet Dragons and swapped out with those who want to upgrade. Cuts down on turnaround time and other complications that might happen on the assembly line to cause delays.
Since the Scarlets that got traded for Epics will be used bodies, your saying that Red will sell used Scarlets with Dragon sensors? Not understanding this too much...
 
They will be resold as cheaper BT Scarlets so I can buy mine back to use as a B-Cam for my Epic! lol!
Hahah yea I hope for you:) But I only ask because I am trying to find a time to go for a Red purchase. i am wondering should I buy a Scarlet new, second hand from this forum, or if possible, a battle tested off Red.com. Also wondering if Red does end up selling the battle tested Scarlets, will they be eligible for a Dragon sensor upgrade.
 
On November 23rd 2013 at about 1:50am local time, Jim will take a puff of his cigar, grin, and hit the post button to start the BT sales of Scarlet brains. Price? I am seeing $4,900.00

Larry
 
I remember RED wanted to get a camera in everyone's hands and I think they can do it... They gave us the option to upgrade our cameras like it or not. We have the option to move on to better and greater cameras. I wouldn't care if they cut the SCARLET to $3000 because change happens and I don't have time to thing about how much hard earned money I spent on my current camera. We all know how much these cameras cost without this option, I say they should cut the scarlet down and watch everyone jump. even if you have upgraded you would still grab a scarlet as a B camera because they are just that great.
 
Back
Top