Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

What to do when Firmware upgrade stalls?

Donald MJ Anderson

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 7, 2014
Messages
518
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Ontario, Canada
Upgrading Dragon to latest firmware.

Powered back up after removing the SSD - Says it is upgrading attached peripherals and will take several minutes. That was over half an hour ago.

Just got sidehandle attached.

Battery is going to die in 10 to 15.

Unless I hear otherwise from some helpful reduser I will power down before battery dies.

Perhaps a reboot will be OK but I`ve not seen this before and I usually don't upgrade firmware...8-)

Any suggestions?
 
Says do not power down during this process!

The exclamation mark makes me a little nervous - but battery is going to die so exclamation mark or not it will be powering down unless I find the AC adapter.
 
It will update itself once it's powered back on "hopefully".

Leave it on until the power dies.

In the future you should upgrade your firmware using the supplied A/C Adapter or a full brick if you are in the field. Though I think the manual states A/C Adapter is always recommended.
 
If it does not update, try a factory reset (During power up, hold down the button for 20-30 sec)

Then try for another firmware upgrade.

And what Phil said - AC power is much safer.
 
OK, thanks Phil - Ive slapped on a second pag link battery so it can keep going for another 40 mins or so.

Fingers crossed.
 
Back
Top