Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Weapon + ET AB Battery Module + Carbon Anton Bauer Batteries

Mark L. Pederson

REDuser Sponsor
Joined
Dec 28, 2006
Messages
7,145
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
59
Website
www.offhollywoodny.com
Anton Bauer is launching new batteries at IBC - carbon fibre finish - V-Mount and AB Gold Mount - 90s, 150s, 190s - ALL THE SAME SIZE :)

And check out that cute little P-Tap ET snuck on their battery module :)

Thanks to Eric Johnston at VITEC for always taken care of me :)

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg
 
Happy ET followed through with the P-Tap addition. Dig the new batteries but I have mixed feelings about them all being the same size. Great if you're planning to use the larger capacities but not all that great for smaller setups that don't require the longer run times. Surely the 90's could be smaller, no?
 
Happy ET followed through with the P-Tap addition. Dig the new batteries but I have mixed feelings about them all being the same size. Great if you're planning to use the larger capacities but not all that great for smaller setups that don't require the longer run times. Surely the 90's could be smaller, no?

No sure that the 90's could be smaller - they use different cells. I like that they are all the same size. Of course - the 90's are much lighter in weight than the 190's.
 
I dig it. Especially since the low form factor works with Weapon so well. I'll grab 4X 190s for sure in V-Lock. Hope they keep them in the realm of a reasonable price.

P-Tap, not the biggest fan, but so many have asked for it. It's a very nice addition.
 
It's kinda funny to see how tiny it looks on that baseplate/dovetail...

2075 for weapon?

Kinda glad O'Connor re-introduced the more fitting 60 as 2560

(and just before Kemalettin got around to comment the design, I was musing how the batteries made the weapon look like a camera...)

What lens is that?

And one more... Where do you put the ins and outs with a setup like that?
 
Mark, Love the ET back. A little sad about the size of the batts but I would assume I can still use my other gold mount 90s?

And as you well know my friend, very envious of your Forged Weapon... But I have watched old Kung Fu TV series and learned great patience!
 
I feel like I've finally achieved perfect weight distribution on my setup for handheld with my Epic, and it's mainly because the pro IO extends the battery weight back by a few inches, so I keep it on all the time. What's the most similarly sized module for Weapon, something that will get that battery weight pushed back?
 
The big question in regards to choosing batteries is what is the power consumption of the Weapon? The more power efficient the cameras become the smaller and lighter a battery can be and give the same run time. Can anyone with a Weapon give us an idea of the power draw in comparison to an Epic?
 
Back
Top