Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

VFS Inclino, Imperio, Origo News ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping to hear an update about the Mirus soon too. I still have the $10k set aside for it, but only $10k. The problem is that I also have a reservation for the RED 18-85 coming up in the next week or two. If the Mirus is going to be at least another 6 months, I will probably go ahead and pull the trigger on the 18-85....

Yeah, I hear ya... My budget is in a vice right now. Clients are dropping like flies and taking a lot of jobs I had lined up with them. So I can't really justify spending more money on new gear right now. I'll probably still follow through with the Mirus purchase when the time comes, unless the economy sinks even more, then I'll just have to wait. But I also need some primes. I spent over $7K on renting super speeds, Arri standards and MPs last year and that was starting in May, not for the whole year. So far, I've only rented primes once this year, but I know I will be doing a bunch more in the coming months or year or two, whenever more work picks up. Anyway, it looks like there should be some options for primes later this summer and I'm expecting Mirus sometime later this summer/fall too. I don't know if I'll be able to do both. Not sure which I would choose. I need the primes, but the MoCo head could be a good way to set myself apart and generate some more work.
 
Buying cool gear will never finish...2009 think about it more
 
Not sure which I would choose. I need the primes, but the MoCo head could be a good way to set myself apart and generate some more work.

Also, if you pass on the Mirus when your reservation comes up, and then decide later to get a Mirus, you will end up paying over $5k more.
 
I'm hoping to hear an update about the Mirus soon too. I still have the $10k set aside for it, but only $10k. The problem is that I also have a reservation for the RED 18-85 coming up in the next week or two. If the Mirus is going to be at least another 6 months, I will probably go ahead and pull the trigger on the 18-85....

Hehe... Mirus in 6 months... hehehahahoho... Mirus...hihihuhuhaha... 6 months...Mirhahaheh... 6 mohahehhihuhehe...

Cheers...
Guido
 
Looking forward to the update and video...

ok.
in the meantime someone could start a thread about the forecoming video and updates.
so we'll have some day in the future a 1-thousand-posts thread with people asking for the updates and the video...
at least this will shift the focus to the video and forget about the rest.

i'm sorry, guys.
i was just expecting something different from a promise of an update and a video...
i'm sure they're working long hours, i'm not sure they have a clue...
 
Now they cannot even keep the promise for an update.
Bummer...
 
Updates tonight... Josh is putting together a video...

Looks like it is one of their many empty promises again.
Maybe it's becoming time for the moderators to start banning unreliable suppliers of this site... I can mention a few.
 
time for paying in advance for something isn't already shipping is over.
no more r&d funding to wannabe suppliers.

lesson learned.
 
I fell asleep before I had a chance to update. Software is read to go, just waiting on Bluetooth modules to arrive. The Chinese new year messed with the schedule on our suppliers side so they are behind a bit. We are expecting units on Wed. It takes a couple days to get 400 modules soldered to the boards we had made for the transceivers. Before you start stringing us up again.... Josh had to deal with troubles at home last night and was not able to get a video together. Jay will post something nice this afternoon.
 
Nice...
 
Chill

Chill

The last 5% of a project or product often takes far more time than you can possibly imagine. Even the Madman, with all his resources, faced the kind of frustrations Curt has.

Am I jonesin' for my bits? HELL YEAH - but taking out one's frustration on the guy who is working his tail off... that's weak.
 
Well I'm rooting for you Curt! ( even though I'm desperate for an Impero for my yet to deliver Birger ).

And please no comments about a£*$kissing from certain parties on this thread. I understand the frustration, but being from an engineering background I understand a little of what's involved in these projects.

It's never a smooth progression to a finished stable product - even more so when it's a tiny company where everybody is multitasking.

Good vibes in your general direction Curt! :)
 
So basically the only thing is to wait for bluetooth module, soldered, load the software and start shipping !!

Wait..am i right Curt ? I hope i dont miss anything in the announcement
 
Rivai I'm afraid you missed this part in the comment of Curt
We are expecting units on Wed
. English is not my native language but I think "expecting" is something different then "receiving" on wednesday.
 
Jesus guys... I know I'm anxious beyond reasonable :) but give the man a break!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top