Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

The Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever just sent me 6 boxes of Nutella I will love you forever.
You're welcome, brother! I know whatcha like! You da man! Thanks for all you do!
 
And so it begins...

Hayfever.jpg

This is why I've basically blown the day! Hilarious!
 
So... since I'm a Dec 10 @ 7:00PM PST Scarlet brain preorder, and still haven't received my camera, if I upgraded to Epic-W (If I can get the funds together) then I have a pretty good shot at getting one of them right off the bat? I'm really really considering this now. Curious to see what the drunken payment plan is since money is my biggest hangup, but If I'm actually first in line this time (not behind switchers) then it might be too good of a deal to pass up. What a glorious first-world problem to have right now. All the waiting this year may have been a blessing in disguise.

Now the method to our madness kinda clicks now, huh? Exactly why we are doing this. This whole Oct 11 thing started as “how can we take care of the SCARLET-W people who have been waiting a long time?”

Right off the bat is a relative term, depending on orders we get for SCARLET-W people before you in line there. But, you have a very envious position nonetheless.

If money is a big hang up, which is understandable, Peter’s saki plan helps you out. A lot.

I have a Scarlet Dragon. Will there be an upgrade option on the 11th and, if placed early enough, might there be enough cameras to get hands on an Epic-W rather quickly?

Yes, and depends on how quickly you get in line…

Brent - how long will the Raven to Epic-W upgrade window be open come Oct 11th? I'm in no rush at all, just wondering will it be just one day? Or open longer? Thanks in advance mate!

More than a day to ponder, yes. But this upgrade path will close a helluva lot quicker than any path we have ever done before. Truly is a “limited time” offer…

And, remember, like Jarred said way back, upgrade order volume may dictate that window closing. If we just rob Peter to pay Paul (i.e., move a clusterf*ck of a queue from SCARLET-W to EPIC-W), we have no choice but to close it before what we have, internally, decided is the end date. That is going to be fluid...
 
For SCARLET-W and RAVEN folks with deposits, if you switch up to EPIC-W, you will keep your deposit timestamp for your RAVEN/SCARLET-W order. Another way we want to make it up to the people who have been waiting a long time with no camera… You will need to order with your rep to keep your original timestamp in place.


[Just editing this : i realise this was answered whilst i was writing this post, that's the turnover speed of posts on here!]

I was wondering this too. Mine was direct but i'm in the UK and the deposit was paid to Red EU (at Pinewood). So my rep would be there.

Come the 11th then should i be contacting my rep there, or should i be manically hitting refresh on the main website as the clock ticks over? And which time zone would the switch over happen on? :)

It sounds like i can place an order on that day at any time via my rep and keep the original timestamp, which is awesomely handy but would love to confirm that would be the case. Hate to miss out on the fun.

thanks a million, for everything that's going on at the moment
cheers
Paul
 
I really hope the Scarlet Dragon upgrade path isn't a trade in... I still have Scarlet Dragon in my RED.com account name, but I sold the body. :( (however, if I kept the body, then I wouldn't have the funds to do the upgrade anyway, so same end result on my part, if it is a trade in.)

I would love you guys forever if it was the same upgrade package as Scarlet-W order: "you have Scarlet Dragon on your account? YES? Check here, and order! :)
 
I was wondering this too. Mine was direct but i'm in the UK and the deposit was paid to Red EU (at Pinewood). So my rep would be there.

Come the 11th then should i be contacting my rep there, or should i be manically hitting refresh on the main website as the clock ticks over? And which time zone would the switch over happen on? :)

It sounds like i can place an order on that day at any time via my rep and keep the original timestamp, which is awesomely handy but would love to confirm that would be the case. Hate to miss out on the fun.

thanks a million, for everything that's going on at the moment
cheers
Paul

Think I have answered this one to Scott earlier… Contact your rep if you want your timestamp honored. But there is no huge rush, as your order will be based off deposit timestamp, not switch-to-EPIC-W timestamp.

Will his plan be available to dealers/distributor customers as well or RED direct only?

Many dealers have their own financing plans, so best check with your dealer…
 
Does Peter's sake plan help S-W owners definitely moving to Epic-W though considering Weapon Helium? I'm figuring $25k to upgrade vs. $10k, or is that off base?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What would be really funny is being able to see the expressions on all the faces of the other RED employees who aren't paying attention to RU and thinking - is it Brent's Anniversary or did someone in his family die?

Just tell them...Love is in the air!
 
Of course, EPIC DRAGON has path to both EPIC-W and WEAPON 6K DRAGON or WEAPON 8K HELIUM.

Hey Brent,

So Epic Dragons can still upgrade to Weapon Carbon Dragon after Oct 11, correct? Just not Magnesium (replaced by Epic-W). Is that proper way to look at things?

Thanks!
 
I hope Brent takes another picture at quitting time. Mine should be there by then.

My thoughts exactly! Mine should be there by then as well!
 
Hey Brent,

So Epic Dragons can still upgrade to Weapon Carbon Dragon after Oct 11, correct? Just not Magnesium (replaced by Epic-W). Is that proper way to look at things?

Thanks!

yes, but not with the same deal thats on the table currently. brent said he would honor existing carbon deposits after 10/11, if placed prior to 10/11
 
Brent/Jarred hope that a bottle of wine from Italy will help to spoil even more details :cheers2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top