Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

The Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Jarred - how about a similar Epic-W upgrade path for Raven people?
 
Not just for gimbal use, if it has a rosette on it, can use it as an extra grip for a shoulder rig. Such as the Zacuto side handle relocater for C100

yes indeed. useful in a number of scenarios.
 
WooHoo!! I havent been this excited since 2007 with the delivery of our Red Ones!! Thank you Jarred!
 
Epic Dragon and Epic MX to Epic W are going to pay a bit more than 10k for the upgrade.. but you will have pole position.

Just pay attention in October..... if we have learned anything here is that waiting is part of the RED game except for those that sneak in as soon as the bell rings.

Just a clarification on the "self-punishing" price for Scarlet-W to Epic-W of 10K vs the upgrade price of a Epic Dragon to Epic-W.
Based on a quick calculation, I could buy today a Scarlet-W brain, upgrade to Epic-W in a month, sell the Epic Dragon and save a bunch of money compared to upgrading the Epic.
I might be wrong, but it looks like:
A. Scarlet-W 10K + Upgrade 10K = 20K for Epic-W. Whatever I make selling privately the Epic Dragon brings the price down even more.
B. Epic Dragon (Red value at 13-15K based on Mag Upgrade. Market value of 10-20K) + 14K (?) = 30K for the Epic-W.

Will the Scarlet upgrade pricing happen only for orders before a certain date?

I don't mean to be a smart-ass, and taking advantage of RED. That's why I am writing it here in public. I am just trying to figure out the best path as much as possible before announcements. So I can be prepared with the right money available and try to grab a good spot on the list for the new stuff.
 
Just curious though, If we do the upgrade, what's the delivery date on the Epic-W?? 2016 or 2017? If specs look good, I'm in!! I'll wait a little longer:/
 
Just a clarification on the "self-punishing" price for Scarlet-W to Epic-W of 10K vs the upgrade price of a Epic Dragon to Epic-W.
Based on a quick calculation, I could buy today a Scarlet-W brain, upgrade to Epic-W in a month, sell the Epic Dragon and save a bunch of money compared to upgrading the Epic.
I might be wrong, but it looks like:
A. Scarlet-W 10K + Upgrade 10K = 20K for Epic-W. Whatever I make selling privately the Epic Dragon brings the price down even more.
B. Epic Dragon (Red value at 13-15K based on Mag Upgrade. Market value of 10-20K) + 14K (?) = 30K for the Epic-W.

Will the Scarlet upgrade pricing happen only for orders before a certain date?

I don't mean to be a smart-ass, and taking advantage of RED. That's why I am writing it here in public. I am just trying to figure out the best path as much as possible before announcements. So I can be prepared with the right money available and try to grab a good spot on the list for the new stuff.


I was kind of curious about this as well. I've been holding off on sending in the Epic Dragon to upgrade to magnesium weapon. I just sent it in today and when the allocation comes in, the process to go from epic dragon to MG weapon will be 14,500. Is it possible that the $14,500 could go to making it Epic-W since technically that would be a "lateral" move and not an "upward" (more expensive) move? I was curious about that since we're still moving the Epic-Dragon into the weapon body and will now be the current (in october) $30K price point? Or would there be a better option for MG-W owners to move into a 8K helium since it can only be done in the cf body to try to keep it in the top tier? Thanks for all the info Jarred! At least it's never boring around here.
 
Yeah I was trying to make sense of the math too.




Just a clarification on the "self-punishing" price for Scarlet-W to Epic-W of 10K vs the upgrade price of a Epic Dragon to Epic-W.
Based on a quick calculation, I could buy today a Scarlet-W brain, upgrade to Epic-W in a month, sell the Epic Dragon and save a bunch of money compared to upgrading the Epic.
I might be wrong, but it looks like:
A. Scarlet-W 10K + Upgrade 10K = 20K for Epic-W. Whatever I make selling privately the Epic Dragon brings the price down even more.
B. Epic Dragon (Red value at 13-15K based on Mag Upgrade. Market value of 10-20K) + 14K (?) = 30K for the Epic-W.

Will the Scarlet upgrade pricing happen only for orders before a certain date?

I don't mean to be a smart-ass, and taking advantage of RED. That's why I am writing it here in public. I am just trying to figure out the best path as much as possible before announcements. So I can be prepared with the right money available and try to grab a good spot on the list for the new stuff.
 
Yah I will pay the extra $10K for the Epic W... but how long will we have to wait ? Please say we will get our cameras in 2016.... Thanks for the concession regardless
 
I think the $10k discount toward epic-w is fair for a lot of us that have been waiting a long time for the S-W including myself. Thanks Jarred. And like many others here, I really hope that doesn't extend our wait time even further into 2017, cause that probably wouldn't be worth it as much.
 
Oh yeah i WILL be refreshing this page all day!!!

I too would like to know the specs for Epic-W before making that extra $10K commitment. Also if I decide not to jump to Epic-W just yet and go ahead and wait for my Scarlet will I still be able to upgrade for that $10K later? Or is it one of those now or never situations?

That price will be a here today gone tomorrow thing..... but sure you can upgrade down the road.. but it will cost at least twice that $10k price to do so.

This deal only exists because of our immediate inability to keep up with demand for Scarlet-W and we are doing everything we can to catch up.. offloading some of that demand to Epic-W does that, even at the expense of our bottom line.

Us extending this to existing Scarlet-Ws makes no business or logistical sense whatsoever though... so enjoy it while it lasts.

Of course.. if too many people do it.. then it swings the other way and we very well may end up having an extreme backorder of Epic-W as well just like when we did this with Raven to Scarlet-W.. so the whole pay attention thing really is important here. I'm not gonna lie to you.. this whole thing could backfire very quickly if you don't have your eye on the button.

You will have more than normal amount time to pay for this level up with a clever idea presented to me by Peter (our Financial adult supervision guy) while we were drunk together in Tokyo a few weeks ago.... but you should try as hard as you can to get your deposit in that first day to make sure this isn't a jump from one waiting in line to another.
 
Epic Dragon and Epic MX to Epic W are going to pay a bit more than 10k for the upgrade.. but you will have pole position.

Just pay attention in October..... if we have learned anything here is that waiting is part of the RED game except for those that sneak in as soon as the bell rings.
My guess: Epic Dragon, 12500 to move, Epic MX 17500.
And any love for Scarlet MX? Perhaps a mirror deal to Scarlet W or Raven?

That price will be a here today gone tomorrow thing..... but sure you can upgrade down the road.. but it will cost at least twice that $10k price to do so.
Jarred thanks for all these, btw, does this apply to WPN Mg going Helium 8k too?
 
It's crazy the amount of love RED continues to pour back into their customers (both future and especially existing)...yet we complain at the sight of a new/better horizon? It just doesn't make sense guys. When did we get too greedy?

RED has always taken care of us....and come this October, instead of complaining/asking for something more, we should be thankful/appreciative of whatever news drops, because frankly, RED seems to be the only manufacturer dropping news/cameras these days.
 
I'll just be sitting here for the next month hitting the refresh button! :drool:
 
That's so awesome Jarred. This is bar none the best customer experience anywhere. Period.
Does this Scarlet W to Epic W upgrade apply for dealer purchase as well?

Thanks again.

Jacob
 
Oh man. The anticipation. Any idea on a date I should expect to take off, or? Don't want to be off the grid and miss the boat. Oh, and, any leaked specs on this beast yet? :)
 
That price will be a here today gone tomorrow thing..... but sure you can upgrade down the road.. but it will cost at least twice that $10k price to do so.

This deal only exists because of our immediate inability to keep up with demand for Scarlet-W and we are doing everything we can to catch up.. offloading some of that demand to Epic-W does that, even at the expense of our bottom line.

Us extending this to existing Scarlet-Ws makes no business or logistical sense whatsoever though... so enjoy it while it lasts.

Of course.. if too many people do it.. then it swings the other way and we very well may end up having an extreme backorder of Epic-W as well just like when we did this with Raven to Scarlet-W.. so the whole pay attention thing really is important here. I'm not gonna lie to you.. this whole thing could backfire very quickly if you don't have your eye on the button.

You will have more than normal amount time to pay for this level up with a clever idea presented to me by Peter (our Financial adult supervision guy) while we were drunk together in Tokyo a few weeks ago.... but you should try as hard as you can to get your deposit in that first day to make sure this isn't a jump from one waiting in line to another.

Jarred, personal plea- make sure the deposit for it is bellow 3500 usd which is my current credit card limit!
 
Us extending this to existing Scarlet-Ws makes no business or logistical sense whatsoever though... so enjoy it while it lasts.

This is nuts! You'd never see Arri, Sony, Canon, etc... Doing something like this.

Thanks a million and you have me as a customer for a long-ass-time.
 
Can't wait for October or whenever we are able to preorder the upgrade to Epic-W. to be honest I would even do it right now without seeing the full specs, the only thing that I care about is that the sensor size doesn't get smaller.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top