Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

The Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be able to blast through all those that switched from Ravens to Scarlet-Ws in the next few weeks and onward and upward from there.

I take it that means the 'end of Summer' estimate for any Scarlet-W orders after December 10 is no longer a possibility?

If so, realistically, what are we looking at in terms of Jan-Feb order allocation times? October? November? Just to have something to plan towards would go a million miles
 
Not to bust a good conspiracy but the toasty 4.7" monitors are not the cause for any delays, and Scarlet-W isn't having and production halts from "issues".

We are purely at the mercy of sensors. Over demand under supply which will resolve itself as Helium relieves the higher end pressure.

We should be able to blast through all those that switched from Ravens to Scarlet-Ws in the next few weeks and onward and upward from there.

If July production for Scarlet-W was total shit, August is going to be good, September is going to be great, and October should be Phenomenal from a sensor perspective.

Does this include people who switched to Scarlet W through their dealer too??
 
Would Red ever consider the possibility of allowing people to upgrade direct from Epic Dragon to Weapon Helium because of this apparent shortage of Dragon sensors.
I am sure there would be quite a few people interested in that as an option. I wouldn't even mind there being a financial penalty for effectively skipping a geniration of camera.


Id be interested in this...
 
Not to bust a good conspiracy but the toasty 4.7" monitors are not the cause for any delays, and Scarlet-W isn't having and production halts from "issues".

We are purely at the mercy of sensors. Over demand under supply which will resolve itself as Helium relieves the higher end pressure.

We should be able to blast through all those that switched from Ravens to Scarlet-Ws in the next few weeks and onward and upward from there.

If July production for Scarlet-W was total shit, August is going to be good, September is going to be great, and October should be Phenomenal from a sensor perspective.

Here is your Aug. update folks...

...and I hope this also holds true for RAVEN as well and not just S-W!
 
I was kind of hoping they were through the people who switched from Raven to Scarlet-W... And then there are Scarlet Dragon owners who are supposed to get some kind of priority (kinda strange that they got put behind Raven switchers), sounds like the plain ol' vanilla Dec 10th orders like me won't be until September.

Great to at least see a rough estimate for some of those orders, though! Thanks, Jarred!
 
I'm still dieing to hear about the upgrade path from Epic MX to ...... ? Any hints or anything would be great. I would love an upgrade option(s)...
 
Jan it will be in October
 
If July production for Scarlet-W was total shit, August is going to be good, September is going to be great, and October should be Phenomenal from a sensor perspective.

Thank you, Jarred, for the update. Hopefully that'll quench some of the flames that have been cropping up around here, at least until the demands for a September update start! :smilewinkgrin:
 
Jan it will be in October

Jan could be end of September. He said switchers in next few weeks (sounds like 2), then S-D owners and day 1-2 until end of Summer 9.20. And I hope it will go much faster after, so we get through end of January by end of September.
 
For this to hold true, I am assuming the "higher end pressure" refers more to WPN Mg than 8k VV. If it's the former then is it safe to assume some 6k WPN will be Helium?, and secondly, will there be an upgrade path from 6k WPN to 8k s35?


Aside from all you filmmakers and rental houses we have pretty substantial broadcast, military and "non public" customers that gobble up a ton of sensors who now are already pulling Heliums which makes it really good for you all.

And yes definite upgrade path from 6K Dragon WPN to 8K s35.
 
And yes definite upgrade path from 6K Dragon WPN to 8K s35.

sweet music to my ears....looking forward to this. One 8K VV, one 8K s35.

is there any financial advantage to upgrading to, say, Weapon Mg now, then adding the Helium sensor versus waiting on the straight-to-Helium upgrade path? any hints?

I held off and bought the Weapon VV outright, rather than upgrading my Dragon, because I wanted to keep an S35 camera. But if I can upgrade the Dragon to Helium S35, I'll definitely do it - just wondering with path to the upgrade makes the most sense....
 
Thanks for the update. Thanks for the upgrade path.

Without the upgrade path I would never have a Weapon MG. Coming from an Red One, then Epic-X, then Epic Dragon and very soon Weapon MG.

Maybe we get an August update? We got used to monthly news :-)


Aside from all you filmmakers and rental houses we have pretty substantial broadcast, military and "non public" customers that gobble up a ton of sensors who now are already pulling Heliums which makes it really good for you all.

And yes definite upgrade path from 6K Dragon WPN to 8K s35.
 
Aside from all you filmmakers and rental houses we have pretty substantial broadcast, military and "non public" customers that gobble up a ton of sensors who now are already pulling Heliums which makes it really good for you all.

And yes definite upgrade path from 6K Dragon WPN to 8K s35.
ooooh, now it's totally clear what Red must be going through trying to meet up with different classes of customers/orders. I'm sure this explanation does help relieve the anxeity associated with trying to second guess the queue and the allocation process. Really appreciate this bit of info. Thanks for this and the upgrade path, just hope that it doesn't come with the hefty price tag such as going to 8K VV from 6k WPN. Cheers
 
sweet music to my ears....looking forward to this. One 8K VV, one 8K s35.

is there any financial advantage to upgrading to, say, Weapon Mg now, then adding the Helium sensor versus waiting on the straight-to-Helium upgrade path? any hints?

I held off and bought the Weapon VV outright, rather than upgrading my Dragon, because I wanted to keep an S35 camera. But if I can upgrade the Dragon to Helium S35, I'll definitely do it - just wondering with path to the upgrade makes the most sense....

Hey, Meryem, hope all is well. "straight to Helium" from what?
 
And yes definite upgrade path from 6K Dragon WPN to 8K s35.

is there any financial advantage to upgrading to, say, Weapon Mg now, then adding the Helium sensor versus waiting on the straight-to-Helium upgrade path? any hints?

I'm just speculating, but given that 8K Helium is the same resolution and data rates as 8K Dragon, the upgrade path from 6K Dragon is likely limited from 6K Carbon, and not 6K Magnesium. If 6K Magnesium can't handle 8K Dragon, then I see no reason why it would suddenly handle 8K Helium.

I'm usually wrong lol, but I feel my logic is reasonably sound here. Hopefully Jarred or Brent can clarify?
 
Not to bust a good conspiracy but the toasty 4.7" monitors are not the cause for any delays, and Scarlet-W isn't having and production halts from "issues".

We are purely at the mercy of sensors. Over demand under supply which will resolve itself as Helium relieves the higher end pressure.

We should be able to blast through all those that switched from Ravens to Scarlet-Ws in the next few weeks and onward and upward from there.

If July production for Scarlet-W was total shit, August is going to be good, September is going to be great, and October should be Phenomenal from a sensor perspective.


THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Jarred. I am just as quick to praise as I am to inquire about this wait. As I have said in posts before, I can be patient. I just wanted some kind of an idea. Being a Jan. 1st timestamp, I'm going to go out on a limb and think I'll get that ever so lovely allocation email on my S-W in September. Won't hold you to it, but, being in the ballpark is assuring. :-)

Thanks brother.
 
Wish there were no 6K Weapon line in between.Straight upgrade to 8K Helium or 8K VV from 6K Dragons.i think 6K Weapon would have shortest life.Think about upgrading to 6K WPN now and its already obselete
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top