David Battistella
Well-known member
- Joined
- Apr 30, 2007
- Messages
- 10,003
- Reaction score
- 6
- Points
- 38
Method,
You make some very good points here.
We shot across Canada, the Arctic, sub zero, high winds, low temperature. I mean COLD COLD COLD shoots for an entire winter when I was making the film about outdoor hockey.
Mountains, altitude, snow, damp, dry. You name it. We shot hours of footage without one major problem. I think it was close to -40C and put the wind chill on that.
The worst we had was some RF noise on one shoot in Ottawa at about 1 am in the middle of January.
On one shoot, it took more than 24 hours for the Sacthler Tripod head to come to room temperature, but the footage was totally usable. All we ever had on the camera was a blue porta brace cover. That's it!
That's the bar.
David
You make some very good points here.
We shot across Canada, the Arctic, sub zero, high winds, low temperature. I mean COLD COLD COLD shoots for an entire winter when I was making the film about outdoor hockey.
Mountains, altitude, snow, damp, dry. You name it. We shot hours of footage without one major problem. I think it was close to -40C and put the wind chill on that.
The worst we had was some RF noise on one shoot in Ottawa at about 1 am in the middle of January.
On one shoot, it took more than 24 hours for the Sacthler Tripod head to come to room temperature, but the footage was totally usable. All we ever had on the camera was a blue porta brace cover. That's it!
That's the bar.
David
