Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Scarlet-W Queue

allocated/paid 2 week ago , dealer told me that they have backorder pieces of the camera that slowdown the montage line.....:banghead: :cryin:
 
shit ! Parts other than the sensor? What is your timestamp ?
 
So, by all accounts, it sounds like the Scarlet-Ws are going out the door pretty quickly. Could anyone who was allocated recently provide a timestamp from when you ordered?

I made the most regrettable choice of canceling my Nov. 2015 order in April 2016 because I was tired of waiting and figured they'd basically be on the shelf by now. When I finally got in line again (Dec. 4, 2016) I would guess that I allowed ten million people to pass me. Now, I'm thinking of getting a DSMC1 in the meantime, right? Because who knows if they'll be caught up by "Spring 2017" since the backlog must be unreal. I guess I could rent but it's a hassle since I'm in the Midwest and there aren't any rental houses near me. This is a difficult situation since a Scarlet package probably runs around 6k-8k.

Anyone else who shot themselves in the foot like I did?
 
So, by all accounts, it sounds like the Scarlet-Ws are going out the door pretty quickly. Could anyone who was allocated recently provide a timestamp from when you ordered?

I made the most regrettable choice of canceling my Nov. 2015 order in April 2016 because I was tired of waiting and figured they'd basically be on the shelf by now. When I finally got in line again (Dec. 4, 2016) I would guess that I allowed ten million people to pass me. Now, I'm thinking of getting a DSMC1 in the meantime, right? Because who knows if they'll be caught up by "Spring 2017" since the backlog must be unreal. I guess I could rent but it's a hassle since I'm in the Midwest and there aren't any rental houses near me. This is a difficult situation since a Scarlet package probably runs around 6k-8k.

Anyone else who shot themselves in the foot like I did?

I'd just continue to wait. Red.com says they expect new SW orders to ship this spring and I'm sure that is keeping the backlog into account. That could be anytime between March and May. You can wait three to five more months right?
 
Hello,
When I ordered my SW it was written : expedition in autumn 2016, it's the winter and still nothing.
I think to receive it in spring ...
 
Got mine today! I ordered/deposited on 11/22/16 through Drone Nerds- allocated on the 11/24/16 :Angel_anim:
Canceling orders through RED Direct and ordering from one of their authorized dealers would be a solid option for those who are still waiting. I can name handful with Brains ready to ship right now.
 
Last edited:
Looking to get a Scarlet-W and trade in my Forged Weapon Helium.

Please let me know if you are interested
 
Got mine today! I ordered/deposited on 11/22/16 through Drone Nerds- allocated on the 11/24/16 :Angel_anim:
Canceling orders through RED Direct and ordering from one of their authorized dealers would be a solid option for those who are still waiting. I can name handful with Brains ready to ship right now.

Can you switch to them and keep your time stamp???
 
Can anyone from UK confirm they have received a Scarlet W from CVP? If so when and if possible let me know when you ordered? Beginning to wonder if this camera actually exists!
 
hehe mine is on the way ! after a 4 week being allocated/paid :sifone::sifone::sifone::Drogar-Smoke(DBG)::emote_happyhappy::emote_happyhappy:
 
i have an order pending through RED directly (mid november 2016) but I also just made another deposit through drone nerds today..I will see which one gets me allocated first :)
 
Guys I need some help'n'guidance. I'm currently waiting for my Raven to be Allocated, yet they keep telling me it's going to take some serious time to get some news. I ordered mine since Feb '16 and as far as they tell me they're still allocating Dec '15 orders and not a clue as to when I might get mine. My rep recommends I should just upgrade to Scarlet-W cuz since I'll keep my timestamp I might get it super fast but I don't have $4k just lying around for me to upgrade and they tell me it'll prob be faster if I simply save the $4k and upgrade than to wait for my Raven. Now I'm seriously thinking about it but I wanted to come and ask if there were any Ex-Raven users that upgraded for a SW also and see what you could tell me about the SW, you guys think it's worth the investment? Cus in all honestly I even feel kinda cheated about the whole Raven deal and how they're not delivering the camera so we have to upgrade and spend $4k more than planned. Suggestions? Recomendations? Some good spirited advice would seriously help out this sad brother
 
I will pay for my Scarlet-W deposit next week, already had plan to use the camera for a film production on March but my dealer said it will be shipped in April/May... :( Now I really hope that miracle do happen and the Dragon sensor yield 100%, production line doubled up, even tripled! If I can get the camera as fast as February or early March, I will make a special 4K film for Jarred Land, in Bali.
 
Guys I need some help'n'guidance. I'm currently waiting for my Raven to be Allocated, yet they keep telling me it's going to take some serious time to get some news. I ordered mine since Feb '16 and as far as they tell me they're still allocating Dec '15 orders and not a clue as to when I might get mine. My rep recommends I should just upgrade to Scarlet-W cuz since I'll keep my timestamp I might get it super fast but I don't have $4k just lying around for me to upgrade and they tell me it'll prob be faster if I simply save the $4k and upgrade than to wait for my Raven. Now I'm seriously thinking about it but I wanted to come and ask if there were any Ex-Raven users that upgraded for a SW also and see what you could tell me about the SW, you guys think it's worth the investment? Cus in all honestly I even feel kinda cheated about the whole Raven deal and how they're not delivering the camera so we have to upgrade and spend $4k more than planned. Suggestions? Recomendations? Some good spirited advice would seriously help out this sad brother

IMHO, if you are not in a (or renting to) project that operates on PL lenses and you can wait maybe 3-6months then stick with Raven. I personally feel the RAVEN is one of the best cameras from RED if you consider price/performance ratio. Rather than spend 4k to go SW I say borrow extra 10k and go EW for 2 reasons. You are 100% sure of a camera in your hands sooner than you can imagine (bcos you got a Feb '16 timestamp), and you have 8k (not that if you care about it), but most importantly, you are now in the top tier with future upgrades. Yeah, I know Weapon is there, but trust me, Weapon is not as widely common as EW, I see a lot of indies shooting on EW, while music videos will be on Weapon. Its a crazy proposition but when you are buying Red, you are buying 4 things, cutting edge imaging tech, future security (via upgrades), great CS, brand power. With Raven, the second element (future security via upgrade) is not currently available, so your ROI in Raven should be lesser than 2years. If your project or market can't deliver that, then you look at SW (though I say not, rather EW). On the other hand, Raven's market perception (hence rental rate) will start to climb since its hitting the scarcity status very soon. I personally believe its easier to recoup investment on Raven than any other system. I would ONLY suggest SW if you are guaranteed a camera ASAP. The queue on SW cannot be guaranteed to be any better!
 
Back
Top