Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Scarlet not showing fstop (EF mount)

Meant to update on this issue but forgot...

some of the pins on the EF mount were ever so slightly pushed in further than the others which resulted in a loss of proper connection.
It's very easy to miss, on a glance the mount looked like it's perfectly fine but it wasn't. It has been serviced by Red so if you guys still have the same issue, only way to get it fixed is service at Red!

Any idea how to avoid that issue in the future going forward? Also how much did the fix cost you?
 
I have this issue all the time as well on my weapon mg. I thought it might be my older model canon mount having issues. But then I just picked up a brand new scarlet-w with a brand new canon adapter and still having the lens connection issue on it also.

The only thing I have found to help is to wipe a slightly damp rag across the back of the lens mount. Not sure if its the dampness that gets it connected or the cleaning of the connections, but seems to work every time. Probably not recommended by Red to do this, but if your on a shoot and the thing wont connect, I have found no other option to make it work.

Looking forward to seeing if you find a solution other then this.
 
FWIW, I noticed that if you screw the lens on about 99% tight... don't let it click in to the full 100%, then tighten down the EF lock ring, it usually works again.
 
When I had the issue I have looked at every possible solution. The tighten lens 99% and lock the ring is total nonsense in my opinion. If you happen to do just this and it helps it is likely that the pins just happen to make contact by chance and you got lucky (but not due to screwing it on only 99% instead of 100% i.e.).

That said, it is easy to miss if one or more pins are slightly shorter than the others and hence losing contact. That's exactly what happened to my mount (after 3 years or so in use).
It only has to be a millimetre off and the lens will lose contact to the camera.

Daniel if you have brand new gear it shouldn't happen, if it does send it back to Red at their cost, under warranty they'll take care of it for you. Darren I can't remember what it cost, don't have the invoice at hands but it wasn't very expensive. You should contact your rep. from Red.

I was very reluctant as I had to send the camera in all the way to the States, leaving me exposed for like two weeks work wise but at the end of the day Red HQ were the only ones who could solve it, so stop contemplating, contact them and send it in.
 
Back
Top