Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Reopen stage 2 due to delays

only Jim can decide that....but, there was a time for decisions, and those that made the decision to put down the USD 5K months ago (like me) should not be harmed because some did not make the correct decision when they had the same opportunity as us.

I am not sure I understand how this would "harm you" if stage 2 was to be re-opened.... It's not like you're gonna lose this money or anything like that...
 
I kinda like Matthew's suggestion. When a customer's number comes up for Stage-3 delivery, which should be by serial number and original delivery date, then give them the option of trading in their RED or paying a bit more to keep it. I don't know if RED would go for it, but that seems fair to me.

Either way, Stage-2 was, is and still should be the best deal going and that's why it was a limited time offer.

Agreed with the only addition being that it would be nice if red would announce something like that now - I.e make it definite and how much - so that people could make an easier decision on whether or not to upgrade to mx.

Disclaimer: doesn't make any diff to me - I'm already stage 2
 
Those of us who committed are in the first group to get our cameras. Although it is speculation, we will also have a narrow window of exclusivity for rentals and shooting projects before the market becomes "saturated" as the Red-M is now.

So, in short, we committed so we could earn money. If Jim opens it up, which is his right, we will possibly loose money.

Again, this is what some of us hope. AFAIK, I might be the only Epic i my city/market for rent. I may be worng, but I know that only a few opted in, and of those, most are not interested in renting out... I am.
 
It's not like you're gonna lose this money or anything like that...

That is exactly what would happen. The initial financial investment means we are the first ones with the new camera. The new camera the general public will be freaking out about. And being the few people in the WORLD that have one, that lets us charge a premium for it. If everyone has one, that day rate is significantly cut... therefore delaying my plans of outfitting my stealth yacht with lasers.
 
Those of us who committed are in the first group to get our cameras. Although it is speculation, we will also have a narrow window of exclusivity for rentals and shooting projects before the market becomes "saturated" as the Red-M is now.

So, in short, we committed so we could earn money. If Jim opens it up, which is his right, we will possibly loose money.

Again, this is what some of us hope. AFAIK, I might be the only Epic i my city/market for rent. I may be worng, but I know that only a few opted in, and of those, most are not interested in renting out... I am.

lets say i have an epic now, it would never influence your market, because i am at the other side of the globe and would be busy doing stuff here.
no reason not to open stage 2 again inmho.
for Red it makes absolutly sense.
next year a lot of the stage 3 reds will be 3-4 years old, they wouldnt have to take them back.
additionaly they would sell a lot more mx sensors, plus they would get 10k more per customer.in total this would be 15k plus more money for Red comparing to their stage 3 customers.
 
+a lot would add a ssd module to their RED
+ the money that would come from the assecoires like
v-mount plates etc. ( things you replace once in a while because you mantain the cam)

still, i understand your POV
 
I think it would be fair to give stage 3 people the option of keeping their R1s for a fair amount (that RED would decide - obviously), but reopening stage 2 would not be right.
 
Cüneyt,

I might be on the other side of the planet, but what about the 2 or 3 people in Berlin that committed when it was offered, and now their market will get further diluted. You are probably not the only Red owner in your market.

Again, up to Jim & team, not us. We can offer suggestions and wants, they tell us what we can have:)
 
Wouldn't it be funny if the first Epics started shipping in a few days? :blink: :party:
 
Cüneyt,

I might be on the other side of the planet, but what about the 2 or 3 people in Berlin that committed when it was offered, and now their market will get further diluted. You are probably not the only Red owner in your market.

Again, up to Jim & team, not us. We can offer suggestions and wants, they tell us what we can have:)

we have around 40-50 reds in berlin...and still actually its not enough to satisfy the market :)

although i have my own red, on a average feature there are 3 reds needed.
 
I really would like to upgrade to the MX now that Epic is pushed back once again. Is anyone else that currently owns the M sensor feel the same?

+1

Its up to Jim not us. We can offer suggestions, he tell us what we can have. But it would be a great solution.
 
... now that Epic is pushed back once again...
Ivan, I know the prevailing mood on REDuser is that the Epic has been pushed back, but I can't seem to find an announcement anywhere. Is this just your feeling or is there evidence?
 
Wouldn't it be funny if the first Epics started shipping in a few days?

Not funny, that would be AWESOME! Every day I hope that it will be the day.
 
Not funny, that would be AWESOME! Every day I hope that it will be the day.
Agreed Jeff. I was just thinking that Jim sounded like he was apologizing for past delays and not anything current. I think this might be what I would do if I was about to unleash the first lot of Epics. And since the HDRx™ appears to be a firmware item (they've been using it in some form so apparently there's no hardware glitches) they could release working Epics without it if the first firmware version is viable. This is just a hope (and a way of creating rumor buzz:Yawn:)
 
Not funny, that would be AWESOME! Every day I hope that it will be the day.

I will be amazed if any (fully functioning) Stage 2 EPIC-X ship before NAB 2011 and Im in the first 100. This shit is a lot harder than they thought and they still have a ton of features to enable. I see TATTOO least another 3 to 6 months easy... especially when you add FCC delays, which are totally out of RED's control.

I mean did any of us think the RED CF Reader would be delayed this long?

April is only 150 days away... with millions of lines of code... do the math.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top