Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

REDCINE-X Professional...

is it just me or is this much smoother...all seem to play back really well at 100% and Full on the second screen, what a pleasure...thanks
 
Crap...on my PC at work, RCX Pro crashes...right before that it gives me a warning because my ATI driver is old...which it has to be for my 3D animation. Oh well, I can only use this at home until we upgrade our Maya and I can update my graphics driver... :/

I get the same message on my Toshiba laptop too. ATI driver out of date. Last version of RCX that ran correctly was 356e. Problem is that Toshiba's Vista 64 installation somehow restricts driver upgrades to what is available on their support site, not the latest that ATI provides on their site. Maybe time for a Win 7 upgrade.
 
Awesome for current camera owners and people who get to work with it. Wish I was one.

Great tool to play with and learn the workflow even if you don't have a camera yet. There are a few sources for short R3D clips around to play with. It would be nice to have a sticky thread in the Workflow section with links to some download files. Really miss the old Red Relay site.
 
Weird. I'm running it on a very old macbook pro (5 years) at work and having 3 4K files playback in realtime, no crash yet. And I only have it because it is the only way I still have a way to render Realflow meshes.

No you dont understand, in order to get Maya 2010 to run with my V8700 FirePro, I have to use this old old driver, made specifically for professional 3D software, anything newer, makes viewing 3D models or animation in maya impossible. We are about to finish our short film soon, so we will move up to maya 2012, that has support for much newer drivers.
 
I get the same message on my Toshiba laptop too. ATI driver out of date. Last version of RCX that ran correctly was 356e. Problem is that Toshiba's Vista 64 installation somehow restricts driver upgrades to what is available on their support site, not the latest that ATI provides on their site. Maybe time for a Win 7 upgrade.

You should be able to install the generic AMD / ATI driver, as long as you know what graphics card is in that laptop. The problem we ran in to with certain older drivers is that it didn't work well with certain image processing on the card.
 
No you dont understand, in order to get Maya 2010 to run with my V8700 FirePro, I have to use this old old driver, made specifically for professional 3D software, anything newer, makes viewing 3D models or animation in maya impossible. We are about to finish our short film soon, so we will move up to maya 2012, that has support for much newer drivers.
Ah my mistake. You'll like the move to Maya 2012 :)
 
Thank you Deanan and team. I wondered why I haven't run into you at the studio. You have been locked in your secret lair...

BTW: while Sony charges $3000 for software upgrades for the F3 and Arri $750 for the anamorphic software upgrade Jim and gang give this stuff away free......

Peter
 
Ah my mistake. You'll like the move to Maya 2012 :)

I dunno...we have been reading alot about some bug problems that are...to say the least pretty...bothersome. But either way, my personal laptop, and desktop run redcine x pro just beautifully. So no complaints. Cant wait to see some of those features enabled :D
 
Finally RedCine looks like like a serious program. I like that Red dropped the floating windows. Good move. Also the full screen mode is great.

I fiddled around with it, but did not manage to synchronize external sound files via TC on the TL. Is this a future feature, or will sound synching only work when transcoding to QT?

Thanks for the effort!

Hans
 
hmmm...by the way how amazing this looks it might not be another year, until we won't need all the final cuts and premieres of this world. ;)

because everybody here will be shooting REDraw and editing away on REDcine-X Pro ;)
 
Which export are you running (Project, Bin, Clip in Viewer, Timeline or Stills)??
 
A couple of GUI things I noticed:
1.The Devices window. It would be really cool if I could scale it horizontal otherwise i see pro.... folders. I noticed that the up arrow allows you to make a new root/top folder, but it doesn't seem to put the right/selected folder as the top.
2. Can you enable audio playback when playing r3ds in the viewer?

Thx
 
2. Can you enable audio playback when playing r3ds in the viewer?


For now you will have to manually select/set the audio channel for it to initialize from within the audio panel. It should then work after that.
 
Last edited:
Nice to see the mad scientists (the egineers) getting some love!
 
hmmm...by the way how amazing this looks it might not be another year, until we won't need all the final cuts and premieres of this world. ;)

because everybody here will be shooting REDraw and editing away on REDcine-X Pro ;)

It si insane to think that RedcineX is a replacement for PPro with after Effects or Final Cut 7 - it is not meant or designed to be, any more than Resolve is a replacement for PPro
 
I'm liking the new software very much - I liked Redcine-X, but this is better, period. It seems a little more optimized - smoother playback. I can see way more data in the same space. I love the scopes. I like all the suggestions of what is coming - some amazing stuff...

one thing - when I right-click for a new bin, it nests the bin - it would be nicer if the new bin appeared in the bin browser, not buried in another bin, it is easier to nest than to de-nest - totally minor but it trips me a little
 
You should be able to install the generic AMD / ATI driver, as long as you know what graphics card is in that laptop. The problem we ran in to with certain older drivers is that it didn't work well with certain image processing on the card.

Thanks Rob. I have found the AMD/ATI driver that should be compatible, but Toshiba has some kind of upgrade management in their Vista version that limits how you install driver upgrades. I've seen workarounds for it , but haven't tried them yet. The later RCX versions function fine except for corrupting video display in the viewer window. I had suspected it was a driver issue. Been thnking about sticking a new 750GB drive in it and doing a fresh Win 7 install without all of the Toshiba wooly ware.
 
Back
Top