Stu Maschwitz
Well-known member
Redcine is pretty sweet. Real sexy, Scratch-like, powerful, lotsa options, layered timeline, grade versions, etc. It's super cool that it's available not just to camera owners but to everyone. It is a great, great thing.
But I think at the end of the day, I would prefer a command-line application. I would like to distribute R3D conversions across a render farm. I'd like to do them on machines without state-of-the-art video cards. I'd like conversions to run in the background in CPU on an 8-core machine.
I'd use Redcine to determine the best settings and then I'd like to just fire-and-forget, batch out a ton of stuff in the background.
Redcine itself could use the command-line renderer. When you press the Big Red Button it would launch the standalone renderer and then you could get on with your life while your R3Ds cooked in the bg.
-Stu
But I think at the end of the day, I would prefer a command-line application. I would like to distribute R3D conversions across a render farm. I'd like to do them on machines without state-of-the-art video cards. I'd like conversions to run in the background in CPU on an 8-core machine.
I'd use Redcine to determine the best settings and then I'd like to just fire-and-forget, batch out a ton of stuff in the background.
Redcine itself could use the command-line renderer. When you press the Big Red Button it would launch the standalone renderer and then you could get on with your life while your R3Ds cooked in the bg.
-Stu