Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Redcine command line

I suspect documentaries about forum thread would be pretty uninteresting really - even with recreations and dramatisations.

But feel free to prove me wrong - but I'll be wanting my appearance fee up front.
 
*In best unsolved mysteries voice*

Later that day Sycophant joined into the chorus saying "yeah I want it too". There was undeniable momentum towards people wanting it. After a few minutes he corrected his punctuation by editing his post and it then read "Yeah I want it too."

;)
 
Sounds like the Red gang is gathering around this command line topic. What an interesting documentary this would make.
By the way count us in as well!

A gang of one. :)
 
add solecize to the list- Um what are we in line for again?

seriously- command line tools can be much more powerful than a gui in certain cases. while this whole freeze frame thing has been going on i've been playing with some batch jobs to compile folders full of tiff files. much faster than opening quicktime for each clip
 
Jim,
Am I wrong assuming that you guys have been documenting the whole Red adventure since the very beginning and that we can expect in a few years some programs similar to the one we've seen about Apple, Microsoft or Google?
 
RedCine command line ?

RedCine command line ?

Do I take it that the forthcoming SDK has killed this thread off ?

Even IF a command line RedCine is not going be provided, it would be good to be able to save off each RedCine project (containing all the edits) and provide a small app (or command line !) to batch up all the 'RedCine projects' and fire off these renders ... (low priority background mode).

Anybody know if there is a way of achieving this today ?

Thanks ...
 
Count me in to Deanan...as you know we exclusively use Redline at the moment so a linux based multi proc commandline would be brilliant:)

Cheers

Michael
 
Back
Top