Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

REDCINE: BETA Build 82 Released

man thanks, i watch for the shadows, but nothing happens, 4k 150 % zoom in, and the highlight tool doesnt affect the histogram.

i will reinstall this build.
 
I tried NR.
Sharpen 0 Detail: Medium NR:Off
Sharpen 3 Detail: Medium NR:High

1675_1201068137.png

1675_1201068194.png
 
As far as getting a more efficient workflow based in essence and metadata, two things would have to happen - either RED licenses the DNxHD codecs and wraps then directly as MXF so metadata and media are in Avid format, or RED licenses Avid the RED file format and Avid does the work. In both cases, these avenues were not taken.
Why not arrange a zero dollar cost licence swap in that case? Seems that it would be a win-win situation, at least to my eyes.

Paul
 
Why not arrange a zero dollar cost licence swap in that case? Seems that it would be a win-win situation, at least to my eyes.

Paul

As I said in previous threads, many things were brought up and the outcome is what we have today. I really don't want to bring out everything that was discussed, since we were under NDA.... We were pretty much told that we would be working through the RedCine application - like everyone but Apple and Assimilate.. But I was told that I was going to be impressed with the metadata and how things were going to work in Post... Can't wait! For now, I am waiting for a simple answer to a question of when we will see QT codec choices in RedCine.

Michael
 
create a log folder under libary/redcine or remove redcine (everything, the redcine folder under libary/reedcine, too)and install again
 
What exactly is the difference between detail and sharpening? I understand that with NR you would probably have to sharpen up a bit as it would get pretty blurry and seem out of focus. But what would be the best choice if you hate that sharp look that makes it look DV. Should I up the detail or sharpening? Noticed the default sharpening value was set to 50 now... Any reason?

Also the sharpening value can't be set to 0. It pops up to 3. Is that supposed to happen?
 
Crashes on launch on my 15" MacBook Pro. Runs Leopard, with QT 7.4 (is that the problem right there?)

Rob

I've updated to QT 7.4 (before they said it was bad...) 15" MacBook Pro with leopard here also. Works great so far here. Maybe it has something to do with the project you worked on in the previous build as it's opened on launch. Maybe it's not compatible now. Just a guess.
 
under the old build i could look at 1 frame of full resolution using 1-1 (pixel)...
on new version of Redcine i'm only seeing black .. using 24" iMac ...
 
I have a question, and it might have been answered before...

RedCine starts fine and works great especially with FCP XML to Redcine XML Script

but in RedCine the imported r3d files show that they are 24 fps

but the QuickTime wrapper file correctly says it is 25 fps

and after I output everything out of RedCine using QuickTime I end up with a 23,93 file?

am I doing something wrong?
 
the framerate in the projet settings is set to 25 fps

so it might have something to do with the xml that i got from the "FCP XML to Redcine XML Script".

You are right when I manually import the footage the exported framerate is 25 fps.

sorry about the confusion
 
Didn't see it mentioned - what does this mean?

Added support for multi-segment files [FB 1991]

...and more importantly, DO WE HAVE AUDIO SUPPORT IN REDCINE YET?
 
Back
Top