Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

RED will Epic-W get phantom power eventually?

Joel Arvidsson

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 3, 2008
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
6
Points
38
Age
46
Location
Sweden
Like the title says? It should be an easy answer. The epic mx did not have p48 support at launch either (from my memory, hehe not even playback in camera).
 
Not from the 3.5mm jack of the Base Expander. Both audio channels share a common ground. DSMC1 had two separate 3.5mm jacks.
 
Last edited:
Like the title says? It should be an easy answer. The epic mx did not have p48 support at launch either (from my memory, hehe not even playback in camera).

Only through Modules and/or Expanders. RED and Offhollywood offer two solutions. There are no audio ports on the brain alone. I have a feeling here will be more solutions coming as well.
 
Only through Modules and/or Expanders. RED and Offhollywood offer two solutions. There are no audio ports on the brain alone. I have a feeling here will be more solutions coming as well.

Hi Phil, interesting! Could you tell us please from who? Red or Wooden Camera or Offhollywood...? And how soon? Thx !!!
 
Ok, thanks. Yea I will get the offhollywood module later for sure but it would still been nice to be able to make the rig smaller but still capture ok, audio.
 
My solution for now is the A-box form Wooden Camera and a battery powered mic. Don't need phantom power when hooking up mixer, and user battery powered microphone as camera mic when not hooked to mixer. Keeps camera small, but will pick up Off Hollywood module when I can afford to.

Ok, thanks. Yea I will get the offhollywood module later for sure but it would still been nice to be able to make the rig smaller but still capture ok, audio.
 
Back
Top