Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Open Gate question

Jake Wilganowski

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 9, 2008
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Dallas, TX
When enabling OpenGate it seems to affect all outputs- is there a way around this?

Also, with the new red EVF and the 7 inch touch screen with the wooden camera top plate turning on Open Gate breaks the signal, I'm on the firmware build before the nab release, weapon magnesium
 
When enabling OpenGate it seems to affect all outputs- is there a way around this?

Also, with the new red EVF and the 7 inch touch screen with the wooden camera top plate turning on Open Gate breaks the signal, I'm on the firmware build before the nab release, weapon magnesium

Probably not as it's changing the main signal itself.

Good info on the WC plate and signal mismatch. There has been some issue with 3rd party cables in particular. Might be something fixable via a firmware update. Might be something fixable via a cable update on their side.
 
I love open gate for the EVF but I suppose I can't use it then, real bummer there. RED please add to the feature request list!
 
It makes less motion blur in the monitoring path, it looks like 60fps footage played at 60fps, great for an EVF, but not something you'd want others to see
 
oh ok, thanks, but why would i want to see that? for focus?
 
oh ok, thanks, but why would i want to see that? for focus?

It's a byproduct of people who prefer the feel of an optical EVF and/or those who find that it assists them in how they operate the camera.
 
Try it, you'll see why. It's really great for operating
 
Probably not as it's changing the main signal itself.

Thanks Phil,

does it changes HDMI and SDI output too?

I suppose so since one of the LCD/EVFs channels is shared with HDMI, right?

In this case it's a real bummer since I don't want others to see everything @ 48fps or 60fps...
 
Yeah, it would be AMAZING if RED could figure out a way to have this applied to the EVF channel only. Once that can get figured out, I'd say they've up'd their EVF game to a 10 out of 10.
 
Back
Top