Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

On camera playback color shift in Weapon new 7" Monitor

gbalaji

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 29, 2006
Messages
655
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Website
www.indieshd.com
In my newly updated Weapon (00599) & 7" DSMC2 monitor AL, firmware version (6.2.44) while shooting/recording i am getting accurate colors when shifted to playback mode, color shifts drastically. Attached video for your reference.
 

Attachments

  • Recording.jpg
    Recording.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 0
  • playback.jpg
    playback.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 0
No I am not using lut functionality and WB and tint are same as in recording and the point is this colour shift is not happening
with old 5 inch display !
 
I noticed you are recording to prores 422 LT... does the same thing happen when you record to Raw?
 
Yes even raw it happens same thing
but the great relief is while preview and recording the colours are too natural to the original scene
where has older 5inch is not that natural with colours and of course it's not even shifting when play back

even tried switching to other lcd 2 port too same result

but the image output seen in resolve or rescine is perfect like how it's previewd
 
I noticed this on epic dragon with latest firmware and 7" touch
 
I don't have epic any more, but I definitely definitely noticed this
 
I can see this on my cameras as well. The playback shifts the color yellow. Its really bad! Especially when trying to test lenses and filtration!!

I just installed the latest firmware 6.2.51 in magnesium weapon and I have the new AL 7" Weapon Touch.

Edit: I can not see the same thing happening on the SDI monitor. Seems to be the touch screen only.

Jack
 
Last edited:
Can anyone from Red Team help to solve this problem?
 
This happens on my magnesium weapon to 7 inch touch so both epic Dragon and magnesium weapon
 
This has been happening on the epic and 7" touch for almost a year now, and still happens of the weapons and 7." Would be nice to know why and how to solve it.
 
so on 4.7 touches it doesnt do it?
is this jus ton new monitors with pogo connections?
 
We've found and fixed the color shift seen on the 7" in playback. The next firmware refresh will have it resolved.
 
YAY!!!! This was driving me bonkers
 
Back
Top