Roberto Lequeux
Well-known member
I see. It makes sense the way you put it Evin. Thanks. Just to clarify, by no means do I consider the compacts "thrown together". CA or not there are decades of knowledge put into them.
So this type of CA visible on the 28mm, which is supposed to be one of their better lenses... how manageable is it?
I've tried correcting CA in Photoshop various times, but I just grab the dials and move them while taking a close look at what they do under tons of magnification. Some times it works and it goes away almost completely, some times there is no dial that can make it go away.
Also, I remember that faster non-macro 50mm shot which showed insane amounts of CA, but I would seem with T2.1 that they are using the glass from the "slower" macro 50mm which is a different beast.
So this type of CA visible on the 28mm, which is supposed to be one of their better lenses... how manageable is it?
I've tried correcting CA in Photoshop various times, but I just grab the dials and move them while taking a close look at what they do under tons of magnification. Some times it works and it goes away almost completely, some times there is no dial that can make it go away.
Also, I remember that faster non-macro 50mm shot which showed insane amounts of CA, but I would seem with T2.1 that they are using the glass from the "slower" macro 50mm which is a different beast.