Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

NATURAL HISTORY CINEMATOGRAPHY

Episode 3 'North Gate, Moremi' is now live. In this episode we film a pack of wild dogs on a kill, the baboons return, and we visit Dombo Hippo Pools and film hippopotamus, jacana, giraffe, and a cute baby baboon. We also rig the Komodo to the front of my vehicle with a stabiliser arm and take it for a test drive.

Hope you enjoy it.

Link: https://youtu.be/rYXdMcMaZD4

 
Episode 4, 'Khwai to Third Bridge', is live. This episode is mostly Red content - I do a walkaround of my vehicle stabiliser system then we film some moving shots using the Red Komodo camera (if you are only interested in the Red stuff, skip to 6:15). We also travel from North Gate to Third Bridge in Moremi Game Reserve, film a male cheetah hunting impala, and run into some hippos at night.

Link: https://youtu.be/YREXVRe2y6U

 
Happy Christmas to those who celebrate! I've just uploaded episode 5 of our 8K wildlife filming behind-the-scenes series (no Red content in this one I'm afraid, all GoPro and Ursa 12K). In this episode we find a large pack of wild dogs (painted wolves) near Third Bridge in Moremi Game Reserve, Botswana. We wait for a long time for them to become active, then we film the extremely cute wild dog pups playing, and a flock of pelicans at dawn.

Episode 5 link: https://youtu.be/iURgW0y-IWY

 
Happy New Year! I've just posted episode 6 of our 8K behind-the-scenes Botswana series. In this episode we leave Moremi Game Reserve and drive to Maun, where we get our Covid tests then drive to Nxai Pan National Park. We set up our damaged tent with a bull elephant a bit too close for comfort then we go on a game drive looking for wildlife, and film a herd of massive elephants on the pan.


If you missed episodes 1-5, here's they are: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLieOTQ8EpoWqI6DizmpCBgFz3aPzoPYUz


Episode 6 link: https://youtu.be/X7nhleggwp0

 
I've just uploaded the second-last episode of this BTS series. In this episode I do a cooking show while elephants wander by and a jackal lies in wait. We film a variety of wild animals at Nxai Pan waterhole - elephants, springbok, zebra, wildebeest and impala. In the evening I am sad about my broken tent.

If you've missed any of the previous episodes, here's a link to the playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLieOTQ8EpoWqI6DizmpCBgFz3aPzoPYUz

Episode 7 - Fire to Fork: https://youtu.be/ZK7DB9ZWIFI

 
I'm still the only one keeping this thread alive :). Preview of upcoming Hwange Zambezi Chobe series is up. Quite a lot about the V-Raptor in this series. Plus the usual camping, driving, pretty pictures, etc. Subscribe to Moving Pictures Africa on YouTube to follow along.
​​​​
Preview: https://youtu.be/ekvkFLA7p7o

 
Looking good Rob!

yup -> REDUser as a forum and site for RED news and owner updates, etc. is basically dead. No RED postings and both RED management and the users are now primarily over on the Facebook group or following Jarred's posts on Instagram and/or a part of the various other RED based user groups on Facebook. And none of the new areas have any 'speciality' area for shooting or equipment sales, etc. Disappointing to see the decline and how fast RU has been abandoned.
 
Looking good Rob!

yup -> REDUser as a forum and site for RED news and owner updates, etc. is basically dead. No RED postings and both RED management and the users are now primarily over on the Facebook group or following Jarred's posts on Instagram and/or a part of the various other RED based user groups on Facebook. And none of the new areas have any 'speciality' area for shooting or equipment sales, etc. Disappointing to see the decline and how fast RU has been abandoned.

Yeah. It is a shame. I'm also guilty of this - now spending more time on FB than on RU. And I really don't even like facebook.
 
Great to see these interesting posts Robert. I think that Reduser is still a great place so I try to post here more. I think a forum is a better place for discussion than Instagram/Facebook. Easier to find good content on forum.
 
Great to see these interesting posts Robert. I think that Reduser is still a great place so I try to post here more. I think a forum is a better place for discussion than Instagram/Facebook. Easier to find good content on forum.

Thanks Andreas. I hope you enjoy the videos. The behind-the-scenes stuff is not very professionally shot. Just a GoPro, and the audio is often crappy. My main focus has to be the wildlife filming so I often end up talking while driving. But it's the kind of thing that I would have found very useful a few years ago, so I think I'll keep making them.
 
Apologies, I've been neglecting to keep this thread alive with my silly behind-the-scenes videos. Here are a few you may have missed.

"A Tiny Elephant" (with some wildlife filming tips)
​​​​
Link: https://youtu.be/wZ9gsp5h6_c


"Masuma Dam"
​​​​
Link: https://youtu.be/1OSgb_spVwU


"Zambezi National Park"
​​​​
Link: https://youtu.be/Du8XWRW0usc


"Victoria Falls"
​​​​
Link: https://youtu.be/oX7mVDKwIvo


"Lost in Africa"
​​​​
Link: https://youtu.be/yxg9sTqx-U0


"Zambezi to Chobe"
​​​​
Link: https://youtu.be/QndzuiOoV0c

 
Last edited:
I'm still keeping this thread alive . Here's a preview of our upcoming behind-the-scenes wildlife filmmaking series. Filmed in Savuti, Botswana in late October last year. We didn't stay in any fancy lodges this time, so it was quite exhausting camping in the heat and filming from before dawn till after sunset, but it was totally worthwhile for the incredible predator sightings. Hoping to get back there this year and spend some more time with those lions.

link: https://youtu.be/VD4baGf9-CQ

 
Back
Top