Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Must have Weapon accessories...what the hell do I buy?

The height is correct and center on the RED version. The WC one is 5cm to the side if I remember correctly though. I'm going to buy the new WC version when it comes out.
 
Does anyone know if there are issues with the Red Quick Release Platform and the Weapon? Is the lens hight/position still the same?

Optical center is the same height. The 15mm Modular Assault Plate needs to be modified to fit and RED will do this via RMA at no cost. Just needs to be shaved down a bit on the front lip.

The regular Mounting Plate works fine. I use it nearly daily.

You can see it here:

phfx_RW_ZCZ2880.jpg
 
That looks like a dope setup. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on Carbon. MG just doesn't seem future proof enough. I don't like renting out my cameras to other productions though, so amortizing it within 9 months strictly on projects I shoot may be difficult, since not all clients need or want RED.


Optical center is the same height. The 15mm Modular Assault Plate needs to be modified to fit and RED will do this via RMA at no cost. Just needs to be shaved down a bit on the front lip.

The regular Mounting Plate works fine. I use it nearly daily.

You can see it here:

phfx_RW_ZCZ2880.jpg
 
That looks like a dope setup. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on Carbon. MG just doesn't seem future proof enough. I don't like renting out my cameras to other productions though, so amortizing it within 9 months strictly on projects I shoot may be difficult, since not all clients need or want RED.

If you're not planning on renting your camera, and you don't need the CF version the Mg will allow you to do most of the same things at a significant price discount. If a project ever comes up and you absolutely need RED and 4K ProRes you can rent a Weapon CF brain only package from somebody and throw that into your accessories for your Mg.
 
Awesome picture, Phil. As soon as I have my Scarlet-w in hand, I'm going to slap a forged sidekick on it and make it look like one of the big boys :)
 
Awesome picture, Phil. As soon as I have my Scarlet-w in hand, I'm going to slap a forged sidekick on it and make it look like one of the big boys :)

I'll be selling a brand new CF sidekick (but it's not as cool as forged...) very soon if you're interested.
 
Optical center is the same height. The 15mm Modular Assault Plate needs to be modified to fit and RED will do this via RMA at no cost. Just needs to be shaved down a bit on the front lip.

The regular Mounting Plate works fine. I use it nearly daily.

You can see it here:

phfx_RW_ZCZ2880.jpg

I'm obsessing over top handles. I don't see one on your rig, Phil. Are you holding out for one of the soon-to-be-released models? Or do you prefer to run without? I'm still trying to figure it out. I'm almost tempted to use my shorter original RED ONE handle, if I can dig it out and if it will fit....
 
I'm obsessing over top handles. I don't see one on your rig, Phil. Are you holding out for one of the soon-to-be-released models? Or do you prefer to run without? I'm still trying to figure it out. I'm almost tempted to use my shorter original RED ONE handle, if I can dig it out and if it will fit....

In this situation where the camera was pretty much in the same position all day I took off the top handle. Yesterday however I was shooting with the top handle because I had to move the camera around a whole bunch.

Just depends on what I'm doing. I take things off or put things on the rig depending on all that.
 
Yes sir. After the price drop and calculating tax deduction and selling some accessories it was a pretty great deal in my opinion.

Yeah, the price drop and being able to keep the accessory credit won me over.
 
Back
Top