Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Motion mount ?

Marcel M

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 20, 2016
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Redondo Beach
Sorry for the nub ? If I have the motion mount can I use for everyday shooting w/o nd filter? I understand how it works just don't see if I can use without filtration
 
If I am not mistaken, you lose about a 1-1/2 stops with the MM, even with no ND selected.
 
Thanks guys just debating whether I need the motion mout + standard mount or I can get away with leaving it in
 
@Marcel - The Motion Mount is a useful device, but it does indeed have limitations that may make it tricky to have on 100% of the time.

Notably:
- When attached to the camera you lose 1.6 stops with the Motion Mount, meaning it's not a clear pass through. If shooting low light, that not be ideal.
- Additionally certain shutter speeds won't be available to you with the Motion Mount attached. Consult the manual to dig deeper into that.

That said, and I can see in your avatar you have a few drones :), it's incredibly useful for drone shooting or any situation where having the power to control the level of ND electronically and precisely is desired. I personally enjoy the Soft Shutter and Square Shutter modes as well.

I imagine if you don't find yourself shooting at night often, you can likely leave it on. My best suggestion is to have a clean mount on hand if you need to jump into a low light situation.
 
Thanks all decision made I will hold onto a standard mount in addition to the motion mount ������
 
Quick question on motion mount. Let's say you are shooting a scene where there's a bunch of camera flashes going off. Doesn't Motion Mount simulate a Global Shutter so you won't have any tearing in the strobe flashes and it will look normal?
 
We've had good luck with the Motion Mount (on LLO w/ Epic Dragon). It's the "cleanest" way to use ND btw 1.6 and 4 stops.

We only use Global Shutter, limiting ND to 4 stops.
 
Quick question on motion mount. Let's say you are shooting a scene where there's a bunch of camera flashes going off. Doesn't Motion Mount simulate a Global Shutter so you won't have any tearing in the strobe flashes and it will look normal?

Yes
 
Back
Top