Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Mark Toia + Helium

Jarred Land

Fire Chief
Staff member
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
10,644
Reaction score
33
Points
10
I can't say enough good things about Mark. Apart from his talent for shooting some of the most incredible images across the planet, The guy's work ethic and generosity to the community is incredible.

I'm confident he spends more time in the air than on the ground yet he still finds the time to give back to fellow filmmakers in any way he can.

He is never afraid to challenge me on things he doesn't like that we are doing and he constantly pushes us to be better.

Mark was one of the lucky ones who got a Helium Stormtrooper ( the first actually ) and has been shooting stuff last last month or two as he continues to travel across the planet.

He cut this little piece together on his laptop somewhere between India and Vietnam en route to (I think) Abu Dhabi.

So thanks Mark. You are a mentor to many and I'm honored to call you a friend.

https://vimeo.com/184626729

 
Wonderful explanation, Mark and so well executed. Outstanding images, Mark and RED.

Thank you, Jim, Jarred and everyone at RED. Love the camera and the vision.
 
Who needs a big advertising budget if you have such talented users.
This camera will sell itself now.
 
These two images tell it all:
Schermafbeelding_2016_10_01_om_14_42_28.png
Schermafbeelding_2016_10_01_om_14_42_36.png
 
Great video! Is there a higher res version than on Facebook? I was trying to AirPlay it and the compression was pretty intense.

that side by side at high ISO is insane! Super excited for Oct 11.
 
Great video! Is there a higher res version than on Facebook? I was trying to AirPlay it and the compression was pretty intense.

that side by side at high ISO is insane! Super excited for Oct 11.

I know still 2K max on vimeo. Hoping for a 8K dropbox link:)
 
And actually, I was trying to Airplay from Safari on my phone (Facebook app Airplay works like garbage for me for some reason) and I think it defaulted to non-HD. I'll check it out on my computer.
 
It's such an amazing thing that a lot of people come October 11th have this amazing technology inthe palm of their hands.
 
Very nice. Looks like Helium is the way to go now.

I'd be curious to see how a 6K Dragon image compares to a 6K Helium image. Is it the oversampling that makes the image better, or are the pixels much better too ?
Also curious to see what improvements in color the new Helium color science will bring.

Dragon is already an amazing sensor, but this seems to be even better...
 
Haha no shit. That ISO performance, god damn.

I guess it's no longer a question of if I'm upgrading to Helium, but rather (depending on this Saki plan... haha) how far I'm upgrading!

I was kinda more talking about Marks incredible voiceover, and the amount of knowledge I just gained by watching that.
 
One of my favorite (if not my absolute favorite) Reduser, love your work Mark.
 
Last edited:
Man, this is just fantastic....Thanks Mark and Jarred...wow....
 
Back
Top