Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Keying RED

Jeff Kilgroe

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
17,055
Reaction score
42
Points
48
Location
Colorado
OK, all the specs and the tiny bit of footage I've seen say that RED should be awesome for color keying. I'm wondering if such has been done yet? Actually, I'm not worried about how the video shot with RED will work, I don't have any doubts there, but I'm more interested in how RED will perform with varous green/blue screen products and lighting scenarios.

I'm planning to use RED with Reflecmedia's Chromatte fabric and blue/green LiteRing system and/or other colored light sources.

Mostly I'm just curious to see if the RED team has attempted color keying with such products yet (or any and how did they work?) or if any of the first RED adopters will be planning to dive right into something like this.
 
Oh hells yes

shake.jpg


Redsin.jpg


Redhalloween.jpg


Redgreen.jpg
 
Here's a test I did from one of the images. By no means a perfect lighting match, and the background is just a holiday snap from a point and shoot camera, but it proves a point.
 
Hi
I did not see some of these on the RED site (the waste paper bin ones for example) - so does anyone know where these images came from.. or are there just a host of RED test shoots now going on..???
I'd love to know the background of these tst shoots and the lens , if anyone knows.
Are these Approved final RED quality ?

Mike
 
  • Thread starter
  • Moderator
  • #10
Oh, my...

I downloaded one and gave it a quick and dirty test. Why did I pass on the first round of reservations? ...Here's the quick test. And I've already cleaned up the green auras and fuzz in the guy's hair since.
 
Yep. I did my keying in Shake, and a one-click Keylight produced a great result. Everything else was just niceties.

Nick
 
Back
Top