Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

ISSUE with new IPP2 firmware, cam does not work anymore.

I don't even use beta builds at all because of the problems that might occur. As much as I'm dying to try out 4K DnxHR, I will not upgrade until it enters release build. While I do think it's good that people do it to find problems, I don't have the economy to risk anything and anyone in similar situation shouldn't do it as well.
 
Testing out the betas has been really great for me to wrap my head around new pipeline for some upcoming projects. However, I just rolled everything back to the last release build today in prep for a job next week. This thread was a great reminder. Not making a commentary on anyone else's choices, just saying it was really helpful to understand just how wrong something can go.

Going to push this past release build a bit before getting on set too, just to stay ahead of any issues.

Hope things work out for you.
 
Nathan, it's possible it is just bad luck and not FW related.

Given that every device has some type of FW, they should probably start requiring crews to report all version numbers on a shoot.

I bet we get to this point soon where producers start demanding this info and require sign off before shooting begins.

My ARRI LED lights have FW as does my Sekonic light meter. So does my Ambeint slate and TC Master Lockit.
 
Testing out the betas has been really great for me to wrap my head around new pipeline for some upcoming projects. However, I just rolled everything back to the last release build today in prep for a job next week. This thread was a great reminder. Not making a commentary on anyone else's choices, just saying it was really helpful to understand just how wrong something can go.

Going to push this past release build a bit before getting on set too, just to stay ahead of any issues.

Hope things work out for you.

Do you mean Release build 6.3.98 that Jarred mentioned has just been released? I thought that was the corrected version of the recent beta release.
 
Back
Top