Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Ipp2 Upgrade Issue

Dominik Muench

Well-known member
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
2,301
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
Gold Coast - Australia
Website
www.instagram.com
Hi Guys,

Im trying to upgrade the firmware for my 8k Weapon to the new IPP2 pipeline but I cant see the forrest for the trees, could someone please point me to the correct firmware link ? Ive downloaded both release and beta versions of the weapon firmware but I cant get the new UI interface with the image menu on the camera.

thanks
 
Hi Guys,

Im trying to upgrade the firmware for my 8k Weapon to the new IPP2 pipeline but I cant see the forrest for the trees, could someone please point me to the correct firmware link ? Ive downloaded both release and beta versions of the weapon firmware but I cant get the new UI interface with the image menu on the camera.

thanks
vV or Helium?
 
Hi Guys,

Im trying to upgrade the firmware for my 8k Weapon to the new IPP2 pipeline but I cant see the forrest for the trees, could someone please point me to the correct firmware link ? Ive downloaded both release and beta versions of the weapon firmware but I cant get the new UI interface with the image menu on the camera.

thanks
Need to make sure you grab the FW for your camera. If you try and install one for another camera it will go through the process but you end up with the FW you were already on. I spent some time pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my camera would not update. Not for this release, but about a year ago. Drove me crazy! There are more FW versions now, so it can be even easier to make this mistake.
 
Need to make sure you grab the FW for your camera. If you try and install one for another camera it will go through the process but you end up with the FW you were already on. I spent some time pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my camera would not update. Not for this release, but about a year ago. Drove me crazy! There are more FW versions now, so it can be even easier to make this mistake.



I think thats whats confusing me at the moment, i have the 8K epic-w.
 
as much fun as this IPP2 is, this beta version is extremely unstable.
I had issues yesterday where on boot up the camera would say "unsupported module attached, remove and restart camera" turns out it wouldn't get along with the DSMC2 side handle.
after that was resolved the camera would boot and then freeze with a white screen, after the red bootup logo appeared.
 
as much fun as this IPP2 is, this beta version is extremely unstable.
I had issues yesterday where on boot up the camera would say "unsupported module attached, remove and restart camera" turns out it wouldn't get along with the DSMC2 side handle.
after that was resolved the camera would boot and then freeze with a white screen, after the red bootup logo appeared.

I went through all the possible trouble shoot, firmware reflash, firmware roll back, device rediscovery, reset to default etc but the side handle would not work consistently but rahter 80% of the time i get unsupported module shut down message. Red Tech team suggestion was gestion was to roll back to the old firmware till they get the beta one fully functioning. I saw some other guys reporting the same issue with the side handle but not that many. i would be interested if it works for anyone at all. The only work around i found was removing the battery just right at the end when i was shutting the camera down, then i get a waring message but the side handle works on the next reboot. Not sure if this is a dangerous roulette. If yes, then it seams you need to trade the comfort of the side handle if you want Ipp2 for the moment. No ETA for the firmware fix according to RED.
 
f you want Ipp2 for the moment. No ETA for the firmware fix according to RED.
Just to clarify, if you want IPP2 for in camera preview. This build is not needed at all for actual IPP2 processing. I am sure the "unsupported module" fix will be in the next beta release. Just no ETA on the next beta. :) Damn weekends, holidays and trade shows get in the way.

Hopefully everyone is sending log files and repro steps for issues they encounter. Don't assume someone else has reported an issue you found. I have seen this happen a lot in software development. :)

I think IPP2 is the biggest advancement Red has made in terms of image quality since they shipped their first camera. The improvements can even be applied to footage shot on that first camera.
 
Oh - my God - I just found this post after an extensive search. I had the SAME issue.

Will remove my post.

Thanks!!!!!
 
Back
Top