Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

GROUP BUY - DJI Ronin R2

New DJI releases are a bit of a lottery so I know to be patient on their new products. When the I2 was announced / launched I put in an order the minute the site went live. I received the full I2 / X5S package the day before Christmas last year. Others that put their orders in around the same time didn't get their units until late Jan / Feb. Through whatever fluke I had received mine even before many US DJI distributors had their units. Same situation happened when I ordered the M600 as well.

I'm guessing that a larger number of R2 units should be shipping any day now. Here's my timeline for this GB -

* #49 on list
* Received GB Code on 10/19 (My personal communication with Soren went well, he responded pretty quickly to my questions)
* DJI site at this point said the R2 was shipping 5-10 business days after payment confirmation
* Order completed / paid in full on 10/24 - Order status changed to Payment Success, waiting to ship
* At some point the DJI site was updated to say that the R2 was shipping 15-25 business days after payment confirmation
* DJI site was just recently updated to say the R2 is shipping 10-15 business days after payment confirmation (currently what it says at time of this writing)

Based on all that I'm guessing many of us are just now hitting the mark of when units should be shipping. We're just now getting into the 10-15 business day mark of when most of these orders would have been placed.

My feathers aren't ruffled as I'm well versed in the usual timelines of DJI deliveries but from what I'm seeing there's isn't any shipping priority for the GB. I've seen quite a few people that placed regular orders a few days after I did that have already received units.

Considering the pretty great discount Chris got us I'm more than willing to be patient as we're just now getting to the target ship dates. If we don't see more shipments though by this coming Monday (13th) then there definitely is some inventory issues and more questions should be raised.


I learned early on to not have a job hinge on having a brand new product delivered just in time. There are way too many variables at work with a new release. The last thing you want to do is explain to a client that you can't do a certain thing because you don't have your equipment.
 
Chris, sorry to insist but about the VAT claiming, I am waiting a feedback from Soren, the customer services don't want to send me the invoice with the VAT on the R2. Are you able to do something via them or not ?

Thanks because as I said, the R2 cost more via this GB than the retail price in Europe without VAT.
 
Chris, sorry to insist but about the VAT claiming, I am waiting a feedback from Soren, the customer services don't want to send me the invoice with the VAT on the R2. Are you able to do something via them or not ?

Thanks because as I said, the R2 cost more via this GB than the retail price in Europe without VAT.

I'll ping them for you to see if they can ship it to a distributor for you.
 
Thanks Chris but i already have the unit.
I seen after recieved the invoice with the 2nd shipment mail for the r2 that the invoice wont include the vat. The 1st invoice i had for the batteries include the vat so i was confident. As i sold my movipro and wasnt able to wait the refund after 2 or 3 weeks because i have job to do i keep it because customer service told me the discount is only avalaible one time and invit me to buy from dealers if i wont accept the fact they dont provide the vat on the invoice.
I asked for a refund only my vat but they wont.
If you and Soren can do something it will be very appreciated.
Thanks
 
UPDATE

I was #74 and #75 on the list. Received both on Friday

Thanks

Cheers!!

G
 
Thanks Chris but i already have the unit.
I seen after recieved the invoice with the 2nd shipment mail for the r2 that the invoice wont include the vat. The 1st invoice i had for the batteries include the vat so i was confident. As i sold my movipro and wasnt able to wait the refund after 2 or 3 weeks because i have job to do i keep it because customer service told me the discount is only avalaible one time and invit me to buy from dealers if i wont accept the fact they dont provide the vat on the invoice.
I asked for a refund only my vat but they wont.
If you and Soren can do something it will be very appreciated.
Thanks

Yea, I don't know. I've pinged them though, so we'll see. Gonna be tough most likely since you've already received it.
 
Yea, I don't know. I've pinged them though, so we'll see. Gonna be tough most likely since you've already received it.

Yes I know, but its a tool for work so I cannot wait as I already sold everything and seen that the 1st battery invoice have the VAT like normal invoice here in EU. Its complex but as professionnal bundle for professionnal, I believe they have professionnal sytem invoice. Its not your fault, you did a great job for this GB, I hope they can do something for me via you and Soren, because customer services have their words and stay on their line.

Maybe an alert for all the business company who want to claim their vat via this GB can't do that and go directly to their dealers because the retail price is less as the VAT is more than 15%

Thanks Chris
 
Yeah........ and I am #29 on the list. No Ronin or the Ready Rig +ProArms yet!
I think it is more about when you paid than your position on the original list. I was #33 on the list, paid as soon as I got my code, and received my R2 late last week.
 
I'm a new member - Red Epic-W Helium 8k owner. I really respect what Chris has put together for this GB and others!

! am by no means attempting to hijack the thread but if anyone is in dire need of a Ronin 2, I currently have 3 in my storage warehouse which can ship as soon as needed.

I will also be announcing a new smaller-group Group Buy for a future Ronin 2 shipment soon (since this one and the other one is closed) - so keep an eye out for that. Happy to be a part of the community!
 
Biggest bonus of the R2 has to be the removable power unit too... Can just mount it to the vlock adapter and have a hot-swappable battery solution if you have a bunch of TB50's

e5P8L6g.jpg
 
After multiple posts and multiple emails, still no response from Chris or Su on how to order Inspire2 kits included/advertised in this GB.
Do people think Chris/Su should respond? Or should I just move on and accept that the GB changed with no accountability?
 
After multiple posts and multiple emails, still no response from Chris or Su on how to order Inspire2 kits included/advertised in this GB.
Do people think Chris/Su should respond? Or should I just move on and accept that the GB changed with no accountability?

Sorry man...been traveling and crazy busy. They are still working on getting those I2 codes. I’ll ping them again to see if I can push them along.
 
What plate are you using to connect the Vlock adapter?
I designed and printed my own mount so the top of the power unit was flush with the camera (and so I could do multiple colours), but I did see a few vlock cheese plates online
 
Ok. Just spoke with DJI. The reason why you guys haven’t received I2 codes yet is because you all wanted to switch the standard camera with an X7. The X7 isn’t quite ready, so DJI is waiting until it’s ready to ship to charge/invoice you guys. It’s nice enough for DJI to allow those of you to upgrade to the X7, so they are asking for patience.
 
Thanks Chris.
So this is confirmation that we will receive the advertised discount on the i2 + X7 + X7 lens(es) kit this year?
I am worried about being baited and switched, and ending up with only an R2 w lots of batteries and no option to get a complete i2/X7 kit with discount in the immediate future.
 
Back
Top