Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Group Buy: Budget CRI 95 LED Strip Lights

Hi Brandon, I'm truly sorry about all of your health issues, but if I would have known this GB would take so long (10 months and counting), I would have gone another route.

I sent you an email last week about shipping my lights ahead of the controllers, but never heard back from you. I'd like to get started on putting together the china ball rigs so that when the controllers arrive I'll be ready to use them. Can you please contact me and let me know when you're going to be shipping them? Thanks for all of your hard work!
 
I sent you an email last week about shipping my lights ahead of the controllers, but never heard back from you...

You sent me an email about this yesterday confirming your shipping address, but you didn't include a phone number. I just replied to it asking again for your number. As soon as I have your number I'll get it submitted right away. Should go out Monday.
 
I just got an email about the controllers. They have had several meetings and tests during their holidays. Having another one today. On Monday I will get a status update and time estimate. It looks like they will be swapping out a chip for one that can better handle the full 40A load. I was told this won't take much longer.
 
Hi Brandon.

It goes without saying the new chip needs to go through the tests again?

They swapped out chips already once and that took about 4 - 5 days in total. That helped with the heat, but it's not quite there yet.
 
What about rating it lower? Ship what works now. V2 down the road can be built to take a higher load.

You said it's already way above the competitions units capacity. Sounds like you could lower the rating and close this GB. ?
 
What about rating it lower? Ship what works now. V2 down the road can be built to take a higher load.

You said it's already way above the competitions units capacity. Sounds like you could lower the rating and close this GB. ?

Lowering the capacity would piss off a number of people who plan to max these out. One possibility is to lower the PWM frequency so that it's flicker free at less than the current ~300 fps. That way the unit still meets our spec. That option is being discussed.
 
I for one would be happy with a less than 300fps controller if it means getting the final unit out
 
we've waited this long, not sure what a week is going to matter?
 
In terms of waiting longer, and it is never just one week, Full load makes sense to me, 300 fps not so much.
Aloha
A
 
My preference would be for the the chip to be swapped & a more robust long term solution.

AJ

How about a poll?

We all know the last little 5 % of perfection is likely to take some considerable time. Considering your health and the approaching year end it seems sensible to accept an excellent product now.

Is a inproved V2 controller ready for another group buy in 2016 an option?
That would work for people with the patience of a saint ( or rather no immediate need for lights) and us normal people8)

This is not cutting your losses. This is taking the improvements on the table now.

Amazing work to get the product as it STANDS. Srs well done.
 
Let's see what news the next couple days bring. It's not as simple just lowering the frequency (frame rate) and shipping. Changes like that will require software changes and right now that's perfect. If the engineers tell us we have to make some choices like this, then I'll post here about that for feedback. Right now they are saying they will get it sorted and either way it will, at least, meet our original spec at fraction (1/20th?) of what it would cost for this functionality otherwise.
 
Two versions?

1) Highspeed
2) High output load

I think I'm getting ready to accept the delivery.

Pat

We would need to get 1,000 units of each. If you want your lights now, email me with your shipping address and number and I'll get them shipped out to you.
 
We would need to get 1,000 units of each. If you want your lights now, email me with your shipping address and number and I'll get them shipped out to you.

No need to get two deliveries. I'll wait the final order but I think perfection is not the aim of this Groupbuy. But do you think we are to close to "rush" this out now?

Pat
 
No need to get two deliveries. I'll wait the final order but I think perfection is not the aim of this Groupbuy. But do you think we are to close to "rush" this out now?

Pat

I think we are very close to having this last technical issue resolved. Then things will move quickly.
 
I vote to wait for the best possible final unit. I understand that people are frustrated, but it's another few weeks to make these adjustments. I don't want a box full of compromised/limited equipment. If I'd ordered one or two maybe I wouldn't care that much. But I have 8 of these on the way. If they're going to be crippled out of impatience and frustration, I need to lower my order.
 
I vote to wait for the best possible final unit. I understand that people are frustrated, but it's another few weeks to make these adjustments. I don't want a box full of compromised/limited equipment. If I'd ordered one or two maybe I wouldn't care that much. But I have 8 of these on the way. If they're going to be crippled out of impatience and frustration, I need to lower my order.

Yeah, I understand. I'm on the hook for more of these than anyone. There won't be any compromises. At a minimum, it will meet our spec. Likely will exceed.
 
My vote is to get full orders out as soon as possible. I'd like to wrap this up asap and avoid going past a full year at all costs. Brandon has done a great job milking these for all the new features. I think it's time to call them good and ship them out. Let's get'em roll'n.
 
Back
Top